Southern Africa in a Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Two years ago we had joined an expedition to travel down to Cape Town on our motorbike with 6 others. However due to civil unrest, pirates and god knows what else the British Consulate withdrew support from 4 countries which basically scuppered our plans and the trip was cancelled.

We still have a hankering to go to Africa and have considered a safari holiday but its all a bit rushed.
Now thinking about taking a couple of months and touring maybe South Africa, Botswana, Namibia & Zimbabwe in a motorhome, cant be that difficult as the CCC run trips there every year.

Does anyone have any experience of this, either solo or on an organised trip?
If so I'd like to hear from them either on the forum or by pm.

Thanks(y)

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We went to South Africa last year and did a bit of travelling around with my sister in law and her husband and their "Bakkie". We are going again in Feb next year and will hire a bakkie with rooftop tent. We intend going with them again to Botswana to the Kalahari National Park, our brother in law is a seasoned overlander. We found the country beautiful, more info and pics on my blog, use the link after my signature, look at Avocado Adventure Parts 1 and 2. May be of some help! Can't wait to go again on our next trip. Also there is a Stratford show soon on overland expeditions could give you more info.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A couple of months isnt long Rory, its a big country.
I took a 7 week holiday to the cape a few years ago.

Took three weeks (in a 1975 VW beach buggy) to travel the garden route along the indian ocean, and surrounding area, from capetown as far as Port Elizabeth....and its only around 500 miles.
So much to see and do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What's up with Skegness, No bottle you lot:D