Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I want to take this opportunity to sing the praises of all of the staff at Southdown motorhomes for their genuinely helpful and cheery disposition.
We stayed outside their showroom for two nights while we had a few minor items sorted, one was having the satnav/entertainment centre replaced by one we'd bought, not covered by warranty.
At the end of the day we were expecting to at least have to pay for fitting both that and new wipers that I'd ordered replaced too. The workshop manager, Andy, said 'no charge, it was done free as a goodwill gesture.

It is nice to experience old fashioned customer care from a big company with a small family enterprise feeling about it.

THANK YOU AND WELL DONE SOUTHDOWN.

Posted from Mont Saint Michel, France.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As you say we hear a lot of negative about dealers to nice to balance the comments with some positive now and again, to be fair I have heard good comments from others as well.

Martin

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I visited them earlier in the year and as you're said found them very helpful and friendly, it fact my BIL is thinking of buying a Motorhome and has asked for my help, as they live near them they will be our first port of call. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Blimey...Just look what yo have to pay for a continental van from them! daylight robbery IMO:whistle:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Another vote for Southdown: I bought my 2005 Hymer from them a couple of years ago and the few warranty issues were dealt with very efficiently. I sourced and replaced a failed combustion fan in the heating system myself without really thinking about the warranty. I emailed Southdowns to explain what I'd done & offered to send evidence of the faulty unit & its replacement. They took my word for it & I had a cheque for the full replacement cost within the same week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My mate wasn't that impressed with them, they ordered a warranty part for his van, then phoned him to say we will post it to you to fit yourself, he and to push them to get them to fit it. He didn't buy the van from them, but it was a Carthago with a pan European warranty (was brought in the UK).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back