Southdown, do they do e-mails? (1 Viewer)

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Thanks Jan, my contact has been Julie who is usually very lax when it comes to emails, she will reply but it seems in her own time. In fairness it is possibly Concorde who are the real problem, their service is terrible, they have no record of our van and to date haven't been able to supply anything I have been looking for.
Best wishes to you too, see you at the FFF. xx

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Jan, my contact has been Julie who is usually very lax when it comes to emails, she will reply but it seems in her own time. In fairness it is possibly Concorde who are the real problem, their service is terrible, they have no record of our van and to date haven't been able to supply anything I have been looking for.
Best wishes to you too, see you at the FFF. xx

That's not good, is it Concorde bits you want or generic parts?

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Its very strange that you've not had a response. We've found everyone there to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Just today we phoned Southdowns twice (two separate queries) and got an immediate response from both the sales and service department. We then got a call back from the service department within the hour to talk us through a problem with the wiring to one of the tv's.

Likewise we've also emailed on numerous occasions and have always have had a quick response.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
As said, I believe Concorde are the problem, I found that we have a fly screen missing on one window and one ot the windows on the drivers side could do with replacing, both are unavailable, anybody would would think the van is 25 years old!! In the end I contacted the company who supplied the windows(Ship-Car) in Italy but they wouldn't help.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I don't suppose there's anything more that can Southdowns or Concorde can do if don't have the parts. I would think that 12 years is a long time in the world of vehicles and fly screens would be classed as consumables unlike parts or materials used in the fabrication of the vehicle,

I wonder if you can source similar screens online?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Ours is a 2005 Concorde so will be the same, I am sure there will be a way forward with the flyscreens without Southdowns or Concorde.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As said, I believe Concorde are the problem, I found that we have a fly screen missing on one window and one ot the windows on the drivers side could do with replacing, both are unavailable, anybody would would think the van is 25 years old!! In the end I contacted the company who supplied the windows(Ship-Car) in Italy but they wouldn't help.
Hi Howard

If your Double Glazing is misted up you should be able to take the frame out and then get the glass unit resealed at a fraction of the price Concorde would quote (if they would quote) if you don't fancy doing it yourself you could talk to PSV glazing.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Have you joined the Concorde owners Facebook page? I believe there are folk there with older vehicles ... perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Have to say that I haven't looked at that sundowners, will give it a try.
Thanks Howard

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
You're welcome! By the way, Concorde hold a social event at the factory each year. We went for the first time this year... it was great! Perhaps something to consider? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back