Rally Chat South West Show @Shepton Mallet, Follow On Get Together @ Ashcombe Farm, Glastonbury, 13th Sept. to 17th Sept. 2021 (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We thought that we would make it worthwhile for Funsters who may be attending the South West Show at Shepton Mallet
to extend their time in the area and have got first dibs on staying at;

Ashcombe Farm Caravan and Camping Site,
Steanbow,,
West Pennard
Glastonbury
BA6 8ND

We've got 27 pitches of which 10 have EHU.
The price for each pitch with EHU would be £15.50 and without EHU £10.50

Before we nail our colours to the mast, we'd like to know if there would be
any interest for the venue and the event.

There is a pub across the road from the site which, I am told, was doing good
meals before COVID closed everything down.

For information, the site is on the bus route (outside the door) to Glastonbury
and also Street where there is the large Clarkes Retail Park.

I would add that it is not a condition of attending the event that you have to have
attended the South West Show but for those that are doing it would be a good 'Follow On'.

For further info I am not taking confirmed names as yet. Just asking for 'Expressions of Interest'.

Over to you.

Derek and Mary aka Emmit

Last edited:

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Yes, potential for us (2)

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
I am interested, but depending on restrictions in traveling abroad, I may not be here. 👍🏻

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Would have loved to come Derek, but sadly clashes with the Overlander show in Stratford which I’m already committed too!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For those who want to have a look at the site;

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Would have loved to come Derek, but sadly clashes with the Overlander show in Stratford which I’m already committed too!
Well spotted - even I didn't realise that! Just thought it was good to have an additional camping option this year. If this Ashcombe one was before Shepton that might suit more but should be enough Funsters to fill both options anyway.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm probably interested, please. ....

Tried the web page for Ashcombe Farm and it won't open. Anyone else tried it?

EDIT. It now opens.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks for arranging another meet Derek, but like Carpmart we are also attending the Overlander late summer event at that time.
Les & TinaL

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well spotted - even I didn't realise that! Just thought it was good to have an additional camping option this year. If this Ashcombe one was before Shepton that might suit more but should be enough Funsters to fill both options anyway.

If you could organise a Gardener to come to our house to pick the veggies and the apples then I would change the date. I have to go home after the ''Pershore Plum''

UntiIh

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Hi Derek, we could possibly be interested, but would not be able to commit for some time yet as dependant on work demands which will not become clear until later!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Derek, we could possibly be interested, but would not be able to commit for some time yet as dependant on work demands which will not become cleaer until later!

No worries. It's a long time yet but, because it's a new site for Funsters to have a meet, I'd like to know expressions of Interest.
If there had been a deadly silence I would have to pull the plug.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Hi Derek like carpmart and Tinal I too have booked Stratford. Thanks anyway for arranging it.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Much mischief has been had in our youth down there Derek! Nick is from Pilton about a mile away. We are at the Overlander show thank goodness!! Steanbow farm I think it was.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We wondered too about the actual historical title of the farmhouse that is now, Ashcombe Farm C and C site.

Looking at Goggle (sic) Maps, there is an Ashcombe Farm today on the other side of the A361 near to the Apple Tree pub.
My guess is that a previous occupier of that farm bought Steanbow Farm and renamed it.

I should have asked Carol, the present owner of the Campsite when I spoke to her last night. No doubt, with the passage of time, I'll find out.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We wondered too about the actual historical title of the farmhouse that is now, Ashcombe Farm C and C site.

Looking at Goggle (sic) Maps, there is an Ashcombe Farm today on the other side of the A361 near to the Apple Tree pub.
My guess is that a previous occupier of that farm bought Steanbow Farm and renamed it.

I should have asked Carol, the present owner of the Campsite when I spoke to her last night. No doubt, with the passage of time, I'll find out.
Sorry I didn’t mean to confuse things, I think Steanbow is still there , both on the same side of the road but Ashcombe is nearer the pub. We don’t go up there now that mother-in-law is long gone.

Aug 31, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
interested , can you please add us to the list.
Thanks

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Bustup15 Nomascookies peterc10 Debs movan petenshirley Phileas Dog welshcake lady
Could I thank one and all for expressing their interest in this event.

We are escaping this week and, when I get back I will be posting up the details of this event in the 'Scheduled Rallies' section.

As usual it will be online and available for all to see with a specific time for the Funsters to put their names on 'The List' I will not be taking any names before that.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Emmit

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Afternoon,

Just to let all Funsters that this event can now be found in the Scheduled Rallies Section.

'The List' is open to subscribing Funsters to attend after 7.00pm Sunday 9th May 2021

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back