south west scotland December 2017 my birthday mini meet (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'l have a good read through tonight when I have time,but think I'll arrive Friday leave monday and would love to be included in the food side of things... happy to bring anything that might help or do the washing and cleaning thats required....
Things are still a bit fluid with ferry arrangements but I'm hoping I can manage the above plans
Andy. .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Ralph-n-Bev maybe join us in Gatehouse for coffee and cake or light lunch on the way in?

we think we will be there for about 11:30 before going on to the site :)(y)

or see you on the beach :)

View attachment 200284

free public car park right beside, park behind for dog walk and room on road if car park full, :D very rare even in summer

View attachment 200285
That’ll be great, look forward to it !
We’ve got your number. I’ll give you a ring enroute. To confirm arrival but ( hopefully) we shall aim to be there 11-11.30 .
Then Ralph can help you set up the awning etc while me and and Bev walk the dogs , do some prep or what ever....
Bit too early for gin ........ isn’t it ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Attendees

@DavidG58 David and Bev arriving Friday early pm, leaving Monday am

all food options, chilli Friday, Bacon Saturday am Curry Sat Bacon and cakes Sunday steak Sunday

@Debs arriving Saturday, you know me David, I'll eat & drink most stuff (not that keen on Bevs chestnut liqueur though:LOL:) leaving Mon

@Ralph-n-Bev arriving Saturday am leaving Monday

food requests

@andy63 apologies Andy missed you off I blame Ralph and Bev with their hyphens in forum name :) it took me ages to work them out o_O

arriving ? leaving?

food options

@Brendan arriving Saturday am leaving Monday

Curry Saturday, Bacon Sunday, Steak Sunday

@irnbru Sandra and Mum, Arriving Fri, leaving Mon. Alan might join us with his van on his way back up to Scotland .

I can eat most foods. None for mum she's too fussy.

@Neilfg Neil and Jacqui arrive ? leave ?

food options

@CWH Wendy possible (subject to fog) (y)

food options - Sound like a great party in the making! - But it seems unlikely I'll make it if the weather forecast's to be believed and anyhow I have 'dietary preferences' ( :eek: !!!) so even if I do get there I'll be my own chuck wagon.

@bigtree ? names..Trevor is one:) Lil is the other, possibles arrive? leave ?
Arrive Friday leave Monday ,all going well.
Your choice is good, do you want us to bring anything?
Square slice sausage and tattie scones ?

food options

@lorger arriving Sunday leaving Sunday :)

breakfast coffee and cakes ? :)(y)

@Ralph-n-Bev :) mince pies for pudding, or starters :) or just when ever :)(y)

Thanks Sandra @irnbru for black pudding offer, love Stornoway BP, can I have 2 please one to take home one to slice for Sunday breakfast, maybe make that three please 2 may go on Sunday:)(y)

@Brendan 2 dozen rolls for Sunday breakfast would be appreciated (y)
[/QUOTE]

Arrive Friday leave Monday ,all going well.
Your food choice is good, do you want us to bring anything?
Square slice sausage and tattie scones ?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@bigtree

nice one, I am not a fan of the square sausage, especially when Stornoway black pudding is on offer :)

but I could be tempted (y), I don't even know what tattie scones are, will google them later, but we re in Scotland so willing to try :)(y)

Sorry I don't know you, but we will soon resolve that, are you on your own or a couple? names?

See you a week on Friday, either at the coffee shop around 11:30 in Gatehouse or at the beach after about 1 I would think :)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_3987.JPG
Hi
@bigtree

nice one, I am not a fan of the square sausage, especially when Stornoway black pudding is on offer :)

but I could be tempted (y), I don't even know what tattie scones are, will google them later, but we re in Scotland so willing to try :)(y)

Sorry I don't know you, but we will soon resolve that, are you on your own or a couple? names?

See you a week on Friday, either at the coffee shop around 11:30 in Gatehouse or at the beach after about 1 I would think :)

We are a couple, Trev and Lil.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Attendees

@DavidG58 David and Bev arriving Friday early pm, leaving Monday am

all food options, chilli Friday, Bacon Saturday am Curry Sat Bacon and cakes Sunday steak Sunday

Debs arriving Saturday, you know me David, I'll eat & drink most stuff (not that keen on Bevs chestnut liqueur though:LOL:) leaving Mon

Ralph-n-Bev arriving Friday leaving Monday

food requests all (y)

andy63 arriving Friday leaving Monday?

food yes to all

Brendan arriving Saturday am leaving Monday

Curry Saturday, Bacon Sunday, Steak Sunday

irnbru Sandra and Mum, Arriving Fri, leaving Mon. Alan might join us with his van on his way back up to Scotland .

I can eat most foods. None for mum she's too fussy.

Neilfg Neil and Jacqui arrive Friday hopefully leave Monday maybe :)

food yes to all (y)

CWH Wendy not likely now due to weather, but always room if it breaks or you need one :)

bigtree Trev and Lil arrive Friday leave Monday (y)

food yes please (y)

lorger Gerry and Lorraine arriving Sunday leaving Sunday :)

breakfast coffee and cakes ? :)(y)

There you go @Neilfg all finished, just needs tidying now, I think all the facts are in there somewhere :)(y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@DavidG58 you've never heard of Tattie Scone what about the posh version Potato Scone :).

I could bring some nice sliced Haggis to go with the bacon rolls great hangover cure. We have the current world champion haggis maker iust round the corner :)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
@DavidG58 you've never heard of Tattie Scone what about the posh version Potato Scone :).

I could bring some nice sliced Haggis to go with the bacon rolls great hangover cure. We have the current world champion haggis maker iust round the corner :)

I thought you would have refered to it as such being a Weegie,Gerry.xroll:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I thought you would have refered to it as such being a Weegie,Gerry.xroll:
I would have but some times its nice to mix with the common people :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
I had to google the word being a Yorkshire lass:xeek:

Weegie
A weegie is someone from Glasgow, Scotland. Weegies are the scum of the earth who have no jobs and don't know what a bar of soap is. they have never had a wash and are scared of water. They are all inbred and there father and mother are sister and brother. Weegies have no money and are all on the dole. they collect there giro every week to buy there smack and buckie and thenoccasionaly go and gloryhunt by watching either Glasgow Rangers or Celtic on a saturday but dont know anything about the team. Weegies are scum of the earth.
"Feed the weegies, let them know it's christmas time"

"You are a weegie, a smelly weegie, your only happy on giro day. Yer ma's stealer, yer dad's a dealer, so please dont take my hub caps away"

Bit harsh :xeek::xlaugh:
AND that was one of the mild definitions

Are we taking Christmas jumpers ?
I think it would be rude not to dont you think ?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I had to google the word :xeek:

Weegie
A weegie is someone from Glasgow, Scotland. Weegies are the scum of the earth who have no jobs and don't know what a bar of soap is. they have never had a wash and are scared of water. They are all inbred and there father and mother are sister and brother. Weegies have no money and are all on the dole. they collect there giro every week to buy there smack and buckie and thenoccasionaly go and gloryhunt by watching either Glasgow Rangers or Celtic on a saturday but dont know anything about the team. Weegies are scum of the earth.

"You are a weegie, a smelly weegie, your only happy on giro day. Yer ma's stealer, yer dad's a dealer, so please dont take my hub caps away"

AND that was one of the mild definitions

Not being from Glasgow myself I didn't know they were that bad,just thought it refered to Glaswegians in general.:xeek:
@Gellyneck :xwink:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I had to google the word being a Yorkshire lass:xeek:

Weegie

AND that was one of the mild defi

I take all that as a compliment Bev :). I think in general its just a nickname for Glaswegians, although i do know folk that resemble your post :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Must be a nasty slang word. By what the urban dictionary says. Maybe watch who your calling it , just in case. Or you may get the Glasgow kiss

Glasgow Kiss
A Head Butt aimed purely at the lips, causing them to Split open, Swell and or bleed.

The Glasgow kiss was founded in the UK and is still used today as a surprise attack as the faces come together when trying to intimidate one another; this is usually when it’s the most opportune time to strike.
Do you know what a Glasgow Kiss is?” BAM!!! “Now Ya Do!”

Ouch :xblink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
And might bring Madness (Midas) with us too.View attachment 200404

Bev will like that (my Bev at least :)) immediately brought back memories of 2 of the cats we have taken there and 'trusted' off their leads

Little sods always knew when we needed to move on and hid in the bracken, coming out just as it went dark, equally knowing we wouldn't be going that night, we had to be careful not to let them out on mornings we were moving o_O

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
I take all that as a compliment Bev :). I think in general its just a nickname for Glaswegians, although i do know folk that resemble your post :)

There are folk like that everywhere , unfortunately. More than they used to be , I’m sure. But such is life.... takes alsorts and all that.
Your definitely not like that Gerry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

I only have a Christmas T shirt, I think it may not be enough to sustain life at predicted temps

oh and no, :) T shirt might just see the light of day on Christmas day for a couple of hours

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@bigtree . You’ve a beautiful cat there , what lovely markings.
Is it an inside cat ?
Only we’ve a border terrier that likes to chase cats ,rats and rabbits :xblush:
If cats stand their ground he leaves them alone , though.
He’s a bit of a woos , and has often been followed by the neighbors cat , when we’re out for a walk . It’s so funny he hates it, and walks looking back over his shoulder ,bumping into lamp posts scared to death. :xlaugh:

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Definitely an outdoor cat,he's out all day,I put a harness on him when we went up North in July in case he did a runner.
IMG_3542.JPG
IMG_3587.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
@bigtree . You’ve a beautiful cat there , what lovely markings.
Is it an inside cat ?
Only we’ve a border terrier that likes to chase cats ,rats and rabbits :xblush:
If cats stand their ground he leaves them alone , though.
He’s a bit of a woos , and has often been followed by the neighbors cat , when we’re out for a walk . It’s so funny he hates it, and walks looking back over his shoulder ,bumping into lamp posts scared to death. :xlaugh:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Beautiful cat but I'll have Tess (dog). With me too.....just saying so that you are aware. She's been nose to nose a few times with cats on our walks.:)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Glad it's not just Buster then :xblush:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Ralph-n-Bev here you go Bev, i got the last one. Something else for everyone to try:LOL:. I just hope snow doesn't stop play otherwise what am I going to do with it!:xsurprised:

IMG_20171209_142000.jpg

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Ooo fabulous. Thank you x
Good idea to try it , Before the gin .
At lunch time maybe .
Then it won’t spoil our taste buds incase it’s rammy:xsurprised::xlaugh:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mums been shopping today buying some little Xmas lights for Vanessa. Please tell her they look lovely, then be prepared to have her nattering about xmas for the next half hour :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back