south west scotland December 2017 my birthday mini meet (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The Schoolhouse at Ringford is a nice stop off for a lunch or coffee when you're on the A75, might be a bit too close to the GoF site to justify stopping as it's probably less than 10 miles to the campsite though.

Lovely place to stop for a snack is Kilnford Farm in Dumfries, if coming from the East it's the 6th roundabout on the Dumfries by-pass A75. They do really nice food and also sell lovely home bred butcher meat.

If anyone needs to stop for shopping then Aldi have just opened a new store right on the A75 at the large roundabout on the By pass, 4th roundabout coming east take the third exit and it's right there.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just re read my above post the part about Aldi should read coming from the East. So heading west, I know what I meant :)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are going back on Friday 15th December for my 59th birthday weekend (birthday 18th) no agenda, but will involve chilli, curry, beer and gin :):)

@Scout this was it Phil

I have highlighted my actual age due to confusion among some one of the older female contributors :p

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
@Scout this was it Phil

I have highlighted my actual age due to confusion among some one of the older female contributors :p

Dont worry David, I know your not THAT old, not like some.......#shamefaceedsisterformshelfeild

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just doing some early food planning, anybody coming want to join us for chilli on Friday and a curry on Saturday and Fillet steak on Sunday please feel free, but just need a rough idea on quantity, plus may need some hob space to warm up, will bring first 2 pre cooked

we like one bowl food when away, saves washing up

hot chilli with crusty buttered bread

chicken curry with rice and chappatis

fillet steak with fried onions peppers and mushrooms and garlic bread

at this stage no pressure to commit to anything, but by next Weds it will be bought and cooked, we set off on Thursday morning early, stopping over at Bellingham C + CC on Thursday night, then GoF on Friday, coffee and cake about 11:30 in GoF cafe above shop (y) Chilli later dependent on arrival times

we will have our awning safari room up with 2 heaters :) don't think we will need ice in the G + T :)

upload_2017-12-6_20-27-47.png

great for looking at stars though good weekend for a meteor shower (or something similar) really dark skies round the site

getting myself excited just typing :)

we are not full by a long way, although maybe standing room in awning :) more like girls inside boys out :LOL: anybody just spotting this please feel free to turn up (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just doing some early food planning, anybody coming want to join us for chilli on Friday and a curry on Saturday and Fillet steak on Sunday please feel free, but just need a rough idea on quantity, plus may need some hob space to warm up, will bring first 2 pre cooked

we like one bowl food when away, saves washing up

hot chilli with crusty buttered bread

chicken curry with rice and chappatis

fillet steak with fried onions peppers and mushrooms and garlic bread

at this stage no pressure to commit to anything, but by next Weds it will be bought and cooked, we set off on Thursday morning early, stopping over at Bellingham C + CC on Thursday night, then GoF on Friday, coffee and cake about 11:30 in GoF cafe above shop (y) Chilli later dependent on arrival times

we will have our awning safari room up with 2 heaters :) don't think we will need ice in the G + T :)

View attachment 200250

great for looking at stars though good weekend for a meteor shower (or something similar) really dark skies round the site

getting myself excited just typing :)

we are not full by a long way, although maybe standing room in awning :) more like girls inside boys out :LOL: anybody just spotting this please feel free to turn up (y)
Oh count me in for the food. Whose cooking though? Happy to contribute to costs.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Never mind the night time meals what are you doing for Sunday breakfast :)

Someone should pop into Cream of Galloway for some Ice Cream to go with the food.

I have an air awning if you'd like to borrow it, someone could pick it up on the way there and drop it off on way back. I'm less than a mile from the A75 or could meet someone in layby. I think its roughly 3m X 3M

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Gerry, it will be bacon butties followed by cake :)(y) of course

It might be a mini meet but it is a funster gathering, isn't it the law :) the bacon at least (y)

might do same Saturday and Sunday mornings

then coffee and cake on way home in GoF coffee shop Monday morning :)(y)

edit @lorger thanks for the awning option, I reckon we will need all in ours for warmth o_O

IMG_2535.JPG

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Would you like us to bring some nice mince pies and couple of bottles of Baileys along too ? ( along with a good selection of gins , and beer of course !)
Any warming / keeping warm or help with the preparing food count us in.
We shall be there Saturday morning . Really looking forward to it.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Food sounds great, hope to arrive sometime Friday, in time for tea:).

Will be bringing warm clothing and Wellington boots, considering some additional heating and plenty of warming drinkies. Bit concerned about the mention of a non drinking day, but assuming it is not compulsory:xeek:.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
How many people so far David ? Is it 10 ?
I think we shall all need warm clothes and blankets , for sitting around on an evening in it’s forecast bbbbbbrrrrrrrrr.
Do you think we will all fit in your superdooper awning ?
We’ve decided to wake up very early Saturday morning.
To make the most of the full day up there !

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I think we shall all need warm clothes and blankets , for sitting around on an evening in it’s forecast bbbbbbrrrrrrrrr.
I think there was at least a dozen in it at Shrewsbury Bev.

Im leaving Bellingham on Sat & will see you there..... @andy63 might be able to tell me how to sort my hob & happy to help with anything...:xThumb:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Bit concerned about the mention of a non drinking day, but assuming it is not compulsory:xeek:.

worry not Neil, the only reference to non drinking was the day Wednesday next week when I will be cooking the curry and chilli, I think Sandra recalled a reference of mine to a potentially dangerous curry I prepared while the wrong side of too much gin last Friday :)(y)

drinks will be started as soon as awning is up on Friday, only issue with that is it gets dark very early and stays dark a long time, we could be asleep by 8 :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

I will attempt to create an attendee list, with names, arrival dates, food wants, drink preferences, leave dates :)(y)

If anybody can add to it can you please copy the most up to date, paste in new post and add missing info that would be great

this may not work, but at least we don't have as many coming as Lymington :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Attendees

@DavidG58 David and Bev arriving Friday early pm, leaving Monday am

all food options, chilli Friday, Bacon Saturday am Curry Sat Bacon and cakes Sunday steak Sunday

@Debs arriving Saturday ? time leaving

food requests

@Ralph-n-Bev arriving Saturday am leaving Monday

food requests

@Brendan arriving Saturday am leaving ?

food requests

@irnbru Sandra and Alan? possibles ? sounds more likely now theres food on offer :)

food options

@Neilfg Neil and Jacqui arrive ? leave ?

food options

@CWH Wendy + ? possibles (subject to fog) (y)

food options

@bigtree ? names (sorry feel I should know) possibles arrive?

food options

have I missed anyone, sorry if I have

anybody else ?

Last edited:

Brendan

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 25, 2012
Here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010

food requests

Curry Saturday and steak Sunday sounds good, and it would seem churlish to turn down a bacon sandwich on Sunday.
Let me know if you need any fresh supplies in on Saturday. I guess the gin will need to be replenished at least.
Leaving Monday, just not sure where to yet.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
DavidG58, post: 2615545, member: 24833"]Attendees

all food options, chilli Friday, Bacon Saturday am Curry Sat Bacon and cakes Sunday steak Sunday

@Debs arriving Saturday, you know me David, I'll eat & drink most stuff (not that keen on Bevs chestnut liqueur though:LOL:) leaving Mon

food requests

food requests

@irnbru Sandra and Alan? possibles ? sounds more likely now theres food on offer :)

food options

food options

food options

@bigtree ? names (sorry feel I should know) possibles arrive?

food options

anybody else ?

Think @lorger was popping by
& what about @andy63 (on the way to the ferry) & @Kingham so they can prove they do kayak, not just spend the whole time in the pub!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
David have a really great weekend, would love to have joined you but distance and other commitments prevent.
Big hugs and birthday wishes xx

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
& what about @andy63 (on the way to the ferry) & @Kingham so they can prove they do kayak, not just spend the whole time in the pub!

We only go to the pub as it's so easy to get in, have I mentioned that at all ? :xgrin: ....... and unfortunately I'm still at college on the 15th, otherwise I'd have considered it. Don't know if I'd have taken the kayak though.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Think we might need those heaters David...:xeek:

Image-1.jpg

Ralph

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I can bring some Stornoway BP or Haggis if anyone fancies some?

@Debs arriving Saturday, you know me David, I'll eat & drink most stuff (not that keen on Bevs chestnut liqueur though:LOL:) leaving Mon

food requests

food requests

@irnbru Sandra and Mum, Arriving Fri, leaving Mon. Alan might join us with his van on his way back up to Scotland .

I can eat most foods. None for mum she's too fussy.

food options

food options

@bigtree ? names..Trevor is one:) (sorry feel I should know) possibles arrive?

food options

anybody else ?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp

OMG :xeek: At what point in the weekend do we do the Brandy Mince Pies and Baileys ??

Suppose we could do it straight after the Bacon Butties....Kick start the day :cheers:
Bevs gonna see if she can get out of workingFriday, today!!!
If she does we shall be arriving Friday morning too.
We shall be partaking in the food too please . Very , very nice .
Ralph

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

food requests all (y)

@andy63 apologies Andy missed you off I blame Ralph and Bev with their hyphens in forum name :) it took me ages to work them out o_O

arriving ? leaving?

food options

@Brendan arriving Saturday am leaving Monday

Curry Saturday, Bacon Sunday, Steak Sunday

@irnbru Sandra and Mum, Arriving Fri, leaving Mon. Alan might join us with his van on his way back up to Scotland .

food options

food options

@bigtree ? names..Trevor is one:) (sorry feel I should know) possibles arrive? leave ?

food options

@lorger arriving Sunday leaving Sunday :)

breakfast coffee and cakes ? :)(y)

@Ralph-n-Bev :) mince pies for pudding, or starters :) or just when ever :)(y)

Thanks Sandra @irnbru for black pudding offer, love Stornoway BP, can I have 2 please one to take home one to slice for Sunday breakfast, maybe make that three please 2 may go on Sunday:)(y)

@Brendan 2 dozen rolls for Sunday breakfast would be appreciated (y)

Last edited:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Attendees

food requests

@andy63 apologies Andy missed you off I blame Ralph and Bev with their hyphens in forum name :) it took me ages to work them out o_O

arriving ? leaving?

food options

food options

@CWH Wendy possible (subject to fog) (y)

food options - Sound like a great party in the making! - But it seems unlikely I'll make it if the weather forecast's to be believed and anyhow I have 'dietary preferences' ( :eek: !!!) so even if I do get there I'll be my own chuck wagon.

@bigtree ? names..Trevor is one:) (sorry feel I should know) possibles arrive? leave ?

food options

Thanks Sandra @irnbru for black pudding offer, love Stornoway BP, can I have 2 please one to take home one to slice for Sunday breakfast, maybe make that three please 2 may go on Sunday:)(y)

@Brendan 2 dozen rolls for Sunday breakfast would be appreciated (y)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp

@Ralph-n-Bev arriving Friday am leaving Monday

food requests
all PLEASE (y)

arriving ? leaving?

food options

food options

food options

food options

@Brendan 2 dozen rolls for Sunday breakfast would be appreciated (y)

Yay we shall be arriving Friday morning now :party2::wine::cheers:
Going home Monday .
Please note , we shall be OFF the wagon food and drink wise the whole weekend . Sod It . We are easily led :beerchug:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Ralph-n-Bev maybe join us in Gatehouse for coffee and cake or light lunch on the way in?

we think we will be there for about 11:30 before going on to the site :)(y)

or see you on the beach :)

upload_2017-12-7_10-27-52.png

free public car park right beside, park behind for dog walk and room on road if car park full, :D very rare even in summer

upload_2017-12-7_10-29-33.png

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry I tried reproducing the big list, but my OCD came in to play and I just wanted to tidy it up and edit it.

@Neilfg, Neil and Jacqui, arriving Friday afternoon (hopefully, weather permitting), leave Monday

Will eat & drink most things, obviously will be stocked up with the cheapest tonic and gin and some nice whisky. Happy to bring anything required, let us know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back