Rally South West Motorhome Show 2019 (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2018
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Pilote P600
Exp
Since 2018
Due to unforeseen circumstances cannot make it to Shepton after all. Sorry to miss it.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
We will be visiting for the day on Saturday. We will try to remember our badges. We will be visiting the Mirrorguard stand to buy new ones, might as well save the £10 P&P for our new motorhome that we will be getting in October or December. No doubt we will visit the IH folks for a chat as we are dithering about an awning. We were definitely not going to but now think we might. Plus we forgot to buy a 10metre hookup whilst at Malvern in our excitement at buying a new van!
My experience says you need 25 or 30 metre sometimes.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
My experience says you need 25 or 30 metre sometimes.
We have one of those don’t worry but Nick got fed up with the long one in very wet Norway when we could have easily managed with a short one!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Cmon own up
Who here has the smelly tank that the wind keeps wafting in my direction..... ???

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
just got back from the show , great weekend ,big thanks to the marshals they did a great job, first time doing it ,thrown in at that deep end , well done to you all thanks terry and sue .(y):)::bigsmile:

I don’t know where it has gone, but I did reply to this post last night but now cannot see it.

I said something to the effect of, it was a real pleasure to act as a marshal with the two Les’s and Tina for the event. Apart from a couple of anxious moments, things ran relatively smoothly due in no small part to other Funsters good nature and my fellow marshals running around like a blue a***d flies.

Special thanks go to Lee for volunteering to help for most of Thursday when he could have been doing other things and to Tina for her dogged commitment to check everyone in, no matter the weather or conditions.

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
I was there as a day visitor, where was the mirror guard stand then? Didn't see it and I was looking for the damn things too.
Spotted some Millenco ones in a stand by the bogs but the wrong model year :(
Spent most of my time there persuading the old dear to get on the AS electric trike to try it out though.. I don't think she's convinced TBH and I'm not spending 2K if she wont ride the thing Grrrr.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Another thank you to the marshalls who were helpful and cheerful despite having been press ganged at the last minute.

The Tincas

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Well only just catching up, this was the first venture out in the (new to me) motorhome and as a marshall
Despite locking myself out of the motorhome on Thursday night at 10.30pm and not regaining access until 7.00am the following morning, I found the local toilet block quite appealing in fact I found this song strangely attractive buzzing around in my head :whistle2:
anyway I digress, as has already been mentioned by Ejaydee.....Thanks to Lee, we couldn't have managed without you.(y)
A special thanks goes to Tina despite all life has thrown at her she did the full 12hr stint when I for one was feeling a bit sorry for myself because i'd had no sleep. You were a STAR Tina :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks to my fellow cohorts Eddie and Les despite everything I enjoyed the experience and your company so much so that I may volunteer again ( but thats cos of me tight Yorkshire upbringing tha knows FLT appeals to me);)
Thanks to all you Funsters that made our task so much easier took a few pictures on Sunday when I recovered a bit so if you see your Motorhome give us a wave:welcome4:

IMG_20190908_144048.jpg
IMG_20190908_144115.jpg
IMG_20190908_144143.jpg
IMG_20190908_144239.jpg
IMG_20190908_144259.jpg
IMG_20190908_144315.jpg
IMG_20190908_144334.jpg
IMG_20190908_144341.jpg
IMG_20190908_144430.jpg

IMG_20190908_144537.jpg
IMG_20190908_144436.jpg

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Were are all the funster FLAGS this can be any site on the show

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Special Thanks to Eddy, Les & lee, it was great to meet you all on our first, but not last, marshalling job.
Thanks for uploading those van pictures Les, perfectly spaced out with friends parked together as requested, although you did keep me up worrying about where you were,on the first night, I had no idea you were sound asleep in your garage, but at least you didnt need a locksmith to regain entry:D(y)
Yes we were short of a few Fun flags, and thanks to the funster that lent us his one for a couple of days, next time we will make sure that we have not only flags but a funster banner with direction arrow, it would have been much easier for all concerned, but lesson learnt for the future.
It was also good to get a commendation from Warners Marshall boss Mark, although he was a taskmaster to say the least:rolleyes::D.
Thanks to all that attended , it was great to meet you and have a chat, hope you all had a great time.
Best wishes.
TinaL & Les
Just back home from going on from the show to Cheddar Gorge, Weymouth Dorset, and a couple of days in The New Forest at Setthorns Camping in The Forrest Campsite (highly recommended)(y) £12.20 per night, no electric needed.:D

Last edited:

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
Just back home from going on from the show to Cheddar Gorge, Weymouth Dorset

Tina and Les, I am still on the road ?, had several days in Cumbria, now in Northumberland walking some sections of “the wall”.

In full agreement about the flags and a banner, if there are any at the Lincoln show, I will endeavour to obtain at least a funster flag to go on my new (yet to be used) pole to accompany my St Piran’s flag.

Take care of yourselves.

Eddy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back