Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i am thinking of spending october on the cote d"zure i tend to try and stay on municiple sites but last year in brittany i noticed that the majority of them closed mid sept as they saw this as the end of their summer season.can anyone tell me have they found this to be the same further south or are there plenty of sites [municiple or not] that stay open later or even all year ? has anyone got any recommendations of places to go [or avoid like the plague] ? i am thinking that it might be a good quiet time to see st maxime, st tropez etc but i have a sneaky feeling that they wont be very motorhome friendly or even open ?. your experiences are very welcome. cheers garry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello !

Never been there with anything else but a car , and had rented a caravan in a campsite , so that won't help much !
I have started a few searches for you and here is one result .

This aire municipal is open all year so no problem

http://www.airecampingcar.com/aire_camping_car_gps.php/446-Ramatuelle

I keep searching and will let you know if I find more ....

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Right .... this link is one of numerous links to aires in this area.

http://aires.camping-car.com/aires/camp-municipal-aiguines-camping,5870

To know whether they are open or not , you have to click on the chosen aire , then click on "voir la fiche" . You will have the dates.

Have a look as well at the comments . You can understand the marks given (usually out of 5 so 2out of 5 won't be really good) if not the language.

On the right of the page you will read "sites touristiques" and you will find a list of aires.

If you need help just give me a shout!

Frankie:Cool:

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We was also looking at going to Southern France in October , narbonne was our aim. Parc verger as a stop on the way down , but thought it would be mostly aires at that time of year that would be available . Hope it's quiet as well.:Smile:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We stayed on a site at Frejus 3 years ago in October, I’ll find the details later, it was the only one we found open in that area and was busy as there was a big cycling event on but had plenty of room left. We moved on to St Tropez and stayed on a small Aire just outside the village. Weather was very good and no crowds apart from a weekend air show in St Maxine that took place over the bay.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have been on a few French forums to get an idea of the atmosphere in the area ... errrr ...It seems that the motorhomes are not welcome at all to park along the coast. All the parking places are forbidden or there are low barriers or policemen make you leave.

You can't park and spend your money on a nice meal in a restaurant.

I don't know what funsters might have experienced there, but you might need your bikes or find a place with a bus to get into town. Here is the link to one of the places I have read negative comments about parking. They are 2009 comments , but I doubt the mentioned towns have changed their mind since , and if they have , must be to be even stricter :Sad:

http://www.routard.com/forum_messag...tionner_sur_la_cote_d_azur_en_camping_car.htm

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
A few years ago we stayed a Port Grimord, an ACSI listed site, but there own tariff was lower than the ACSI rate.

It is quite close to St Tropez.

There was another site just along the road which offered similar rates.

Port Grimord rate included an attached to pitch facility, including w/c, shower, wash basin, and space to store/dry clothes etc. We did have to pay a deposit for it on arrival, and it was inspected on departure, before we got our deposit back.

Oh yes, the EHU was 25amps.

Last edited:

frank550

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
A few years ago we stayed a Port Grimord, an ACSI listed site, but there own tariff was lower than the ACSI rate.

Port Grimord rate included an attached to pitch facility, including w/c, shower, wash basin, and space to store/dry clothes etc. We did have to pay a deposit for it on arrival, and it was inspected on departure, before we got our deposit back.

Sounds like Camping Marina at Port Grimaud

goldenline

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
Port Grimaud France
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
:)

That is holiday marina which is open all of october, Les prairies de la mer closes 12th oct not sure about camping de naiade but normally open until end of oct.There is an aire onthe rn98 next to prairies de la mer which is popular and has a good restaurant next to it, but not sure about noise during the night as it is abusy road. Hope this helps
Regards
Alan:)

frank550

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We are going to be at Holiday Marina 8th October I think for about 3 weeks if memory serves before we head down to Spain

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back