• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd South Gloucestershire (Close M4 J18) Easter2020 (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello
We are planning to use our motorhome a little more this year, so we are seeking willing candidates to look after our animals whilst we are away. This could be odd weekends or one to two weeks at a time. Our animals are spoilt so like a lot of fuss, we have geese, chickens, ducks, a peacock, fish, bees and a few cats that seem to have adopted us along with other wildlife. You do not have to be a bee keeper as they will look after themselves. If you have your own dog that is okay as long as they are well behaved and do not bother our animals or neighbours animals.
Can provide hard standing or grass pitch for a motorhome, with Wi-Fi, electric hook up, cassette empting etc no problem. We have two good pubs within walking distance and a whole range of shops a few miles away. Good base to explore Bristol or Bath. Any takers for Late March or Easter please send me a private message.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Just wondering, anybody put off by this as I mentioned bees? Don't be concerned as you will probably not see them unless you visit where the hive is. I am stunned I have no takers for this, free camping in exchange for looking after a few animals. The geese are pussycats and the chickens will talk to anybody that has food.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Look up "Trusted House Sitters" We have used them for the last two years. For about £80 to join, you will get a list of people who you can select to suit your needs. We spent a worry free 5 months last year with regular contact and came home to a home as we left it.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just wondering, anybody put off by this as I mentioned bees? Don't be concerned as you will probably not see them unless you visit where the hive is. I am stunned I have no takers for this, free camping in exchange for looking after a few animals. The geese are pussycats and the chickens will talk to anybody that has food.
One of the downsides of this lively forum is that threads can be "lost" amongst all the others & not everyone logs on every day so it may take some time to find your match but sure you will get some offers eventually. Hopefully it might even tempt someone who hasn't tried driveway/house sitting before to give it a go. Perhaps post a photo every now & again (of the parking area, animals etc) so it gets bumped into Recent threads as that is what many of us check regularly.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Free eggs for breakfast and some honey for afternoon tea. Surely must be somebody looking for somewhere to go last week of March or Easter.
You can practice wild camping here but have all the amenities close at hand for when the batteries go flat.

Sep 17, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium Van
Exp
13 yrs, caravan, motorhome
We would have loved to do this for you, but the dates are wrong, sorry. We're in Spain till April, and with this C virus, who knows when we will get back. Please consider us next time you go away. We would love to visit Bath. Sue and John

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Sue and John
I am sure we can find some other dates to suit, let us know when you are back from Spain.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Hi Quackers, are you still looking for someone to house and animal sit for you? There’s a possibility that we may be able to help you out over Easter. Let us know and hope you are keeping sane in these manic times

Roedi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2018
Thurlby
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Newish - first year and first time
Good afternoon
Been a while since I have been on motor home fun site.
If you are still looking for pet sitters please get in contact.
Brought up on a dairy and sheep farm. Lots of other animals as well.
Best regards,
John

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Good afternoon
Been a while since I have been on motor home fun site.
If you are still looking for pet sitters please get in contact.
Brought up on a dairy and sheep farm. Lots of other animals as well.
Best regards,
John
PM sent
Thanks John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back