South Downs motorhomes a quality service (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
After reading several threads over the last couple of months regarding poor service or van not arrived after paying deposit ect. I thought I would like to have something positive to say about my experience from Southdowns Motorhomes.

We have gone from a self build motorhome to a coach build travel van which is 2008 so quite an old van on motorhome forecourts, but for us this was a big financial outlay as we are both still working, self employed and took a huge amount of our savings and to say I was apprehensive would be an understatement.

Well we picked up the van on the 8th July and was informed by Stephen from sales that there was a small crack on the n/s trim near the bumper and this sectioned was ordered from Burstner but had not arrived and they would call me back after we had come back from holiday in France.

During our holiday I discovered the hab batteries only held a charge for a couple of days and I emailed Stephen and as we were due to go on EHU at the next site they would check the batteries upon my return.

Well we collected the van last night and not only had they replaced the side trim but also the bumper panel complete and the other side trim. 2 new varta 90ah batteries were also installed.

I believe I had the same service as someone spending 90k on a motorhome.

So a big thank you to Southdowns for the quality of service you have provided.

So should we have threads for positive services instead of just negative experiences.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Glad to hear that all worked out well for you Daz.
Nice to hear of good service for a change.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
After reading several threads over the last couple of months regarding poor service or van not arrived after paying deposit ect. I thought I would like to have something positive to say about my experience from Southdowns Motorhomes.

We have gone from a self build motorhome to a coach build travel van which is 2008 so quite an old van on motorhome forecourts, but for us this was a big financial outlay as we are both still working, self employed and took a huge amount of our savings and to say I was apprehensive would be an understatement.

Well we picked up the van on the 8th July and was informed by Stephen from sales that there was a small crack on the n/s trim near the bumper and this sectioned was ordered from Burstner but had not arrived and they would call me back after we had come back from holiday in France.

During our holiday I discovered the hab batteries only held a charge for a couple of days and I emailed Stephen and as we were due to go on EHU at the next site they would check the batteries upon my return.

Well we collected the van last night and not only had they replaced the side trim but also the bumper panel complete and the other side trim. 2 new varta 90ah batteries were also installed.

I believe I had the same service as someone spending 90k on a motorhome.

So a big thank you to Southdowns for the quality of service you have provided.

So should we have threads for positive services instead of just negative experiences.

I bought a 2005 B584 from Southdown last October and my experience was exactly the same as yours. Excellent service and a very helpful Stephen. And I should have said something on here at the time.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
maybe's a new section , where we can post reviews (good and bad) of service received from dealers.( don't throw any bricks this way if there is such a section)

I popped into Premier Motorhomes (birdham, Chichester) as I was passing 'tother day, found , Chris Davies, Accessories shop manager very helpful. (to the point of emailing PDF file of 1988 - 89 Hymermobil to my inbox)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've bought many things from them mail order. The service has been excellent. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
maybe's a new section , where we can post reviews (good and bad) of service received from dealers.( don't throw any bricks this way if there is such a section))
Link Removed
A FUN sister site (i.e. Jim runs it).

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Yes, under Quick Links (might be a quite recent addition:)).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back