South Americans travelling to Europe to buy a motorhome and tour the continent (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As others have suggested, doing Europe in 90 days will only give you time for fleeting glimpses of the countries you will be travelling through but it can certainly be done. I suggest identify the highlights you want to see, based on your interests and plot a route linking them together.

Given the common language I think you would enjoy Spain and certainly have the best chance of good weather in the winter.

We spent 90 days just driving around half of Spain this year. Each blue blob is a place we stopped and on average we only spent two nights at each. Most were just for one night with a few longer stays of up to four or five nights.

Leg243.jpg

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
As others have suggested, doing Europe in 90 days will only give you time for fleeting glimpses of the countries you will be travelling through but it can certainly be done. I suggest identify the highlights you want to see, based on your interests and plot a route linking them together.

Given the common language I think you would enjoy Spain and certainly have the best chance of good weather in the winter.

We spent 90 days just driving around half of Spain this year. Each blue blob is a place we stopped and on average we only spent two nights at each. Most were just for one night with a few longer stays of up to four or five nights.

View attachment 252993
what did you use to get the map like that ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Du And Nica

Du And Nica

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010, with rentals so far, but planning to buy a motorhome in the next few weeks
Howdy everyone, and sorry for the lack of updates to this thread. We ended up buying the motorhome here in Chile (see this thread for details, and this other one for our current predicament, BTW please advise there if you can).

Of course our plans to tour Europe are still up; we are now planning to do it next Spring so as to get nicer weather, as we no longer need to do it in late autumn to try and get the best prices.

Cheers,
-- Du.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Du And Nica

Du And Nica

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010, with rentals so far, but planning to buy a motorhome in the next few weeks
@DBK, many thanks for the tips and the Spain route. We've learned that one could spend an entire lifetime travelling around Europe and still not see it all, so our goal for that 90-day trip is to get a general feel for as many different areas we can, and then elect specific areas to come back later for more focused visits.

The base map isn't mine but the blobs, text and lines were done in Photoshop - but I am sure the free program Gimp could do something similar.

Amazing job! Our planning tool for the moment has been Google Maps (more specifically, Google My Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/) but you certainly did a nice one with PS.

Cheers,
--
Du.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back