Soustons Aire at Easter? Is it dog friendly (1 Viewer)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, we are curretly planning to leave Playa Tropicana for home just before Easter. We are looking at breaking our journey over Easter at Soustons.
Does anyone know if the beach is dog friendly, or can they recommend anywhere in that locality.
Cheers
Barry

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi we were at Soustons Plage early December. While we there there was a problem with the electric and they closed the aire. I would check that it has reopened. Its a very popular spot and gets very full so if it is open I would advise getting there early especially at a holiday time. Lots of dogs there but haven't got one myself so not sure about the beach.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
If Soustons turns out to be shut, there are lots of alternatives near by. We stayed on Vieux Bacou. Not as pretty but still ok and you can pick up free wifi there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have just been on the Campercontact website and there are no reviews dated post 23rd October 2017 so it may be that it is still closed.

However, on the 18th January, a french gentleman posted a candid review of this Aire, addressed to the Mayor complaining that the "Electric Defences were defective" and not being happy.
However, it is not clear whether the unhappy camping-cariste had actually visited on that date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back