Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Bought one yesterday in sainsbury £46.99 after reading through this thread and made sweet potato & avocado soup from my Covent Garden soup book I bought for £3 at the motorway services. Really impressed and now a total soup maker convert!

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
My opinion was why would I waste £50 on a soup maker when I have a pan and a blender!!

So I bought one, the MR sauté and soup maker. It still takes time to chop the veg but then it's all in the soup maker and you can clean up and walk away! Got it last week and have made 5 types already!

Yes probably a gimmick but it saves time and mess in the kitchen!! A worth while gadget in my newly formed opinion!!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
My opinion was why would I waste £50 on a soup maker when I have a pan and a blender!!

So I bought one, the MR sauté and soup maker. It still takes time to chop the veg but then it's all in the soup maker and you can clean up and walk away! Got it last week and have made 5 types already!

Yes probably a gimmick but it saves time and mess in the kitchen!! A worth while gadget in my newly formed opinion!!
That was my thought too but totally changed my mind. Making broccoli and Stilton today for lunch. Mmmm

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Resurrecting an old thread.

Any more soup maker views and opinions ? Quite keen on buying one based on simple soup making (mainly vegetable) but want to extend my range of soups. I like the idea that i can prepare the base (hopefully 5mins) then leave it be whilst i get on with work and then have a decent lunch ready for say 4 people without too much hassle.

Do they really work that well ?

Are they a pain to clean (often is the failing of automated food process machines at home) and basically do they work ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Daughter bought the boss one for previous Christmas it's an MR.
Very impressed with it but the rest of the family don't like it when I make the soup, something to do with the chille I put in it, it's a man thing, chille that is.

Edit:
Oh dear caught on an old thread again.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
My only gripe, they don’t make enough, I like to make a big batch, eat what we want then freeze the rest. Sold mine. I use the pressure cooker and a blitzer. Just finished our batch of pumpkin soup, ready to make another batch using the rest of a large pumpkin we grew this year.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Coming back to this I forgot to mention ours sometimes burns on the bottom but the instructions (which I read recently) does warn about this. Easily cleaned with a bit of a soak.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Not a soup maker as such, but I recently got a nutribullet rx blender, which also has a soup making setting. Raw veg and stock etc to soup in 7 minutes. We bought it for the blending really, but I’m so impressed with the soup maker setting that I make soup most days. If you want to use potato then that has to be cooked first. Very easy to clean, I just pour out the soup, give it a good rinse, then half fill with water and a squirt of washing up liquid, a quick blitz and its clean.

i can’t compare It with a true soup maker as I’ve never used one.

eta should have specified this is for use at home, not in the van!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We have one buried in the cupboard somewhere, Mrs CC thought she was going to make soup, yeah that lasted 2 goes until she gave up and went back to buying Covent Garden Cartons😁😁

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds good !

Think i'll order one and also get a simple recipe book to expand my range.....

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Advice please, what is the benefit of these over a very large pan and just blending, (if you even want to... Cos I like chunky soups), please? Thank uou.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Advice please, what is the benefit of these over a very large pan and just blending, (if you even want to... Cos I like chunky soups), please? Thank uou.
For me, it’s time. I like chunky or thick soups, can’t do soup with lumps in the nutribullet but I just use less liquid in some recipes to make them thick.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All the soup maker does is cook it quicker and mush it up if you want it to. You still have to prepare all the veg etc (and meat if required) first and this is what a lot of people forget about when they buy them because it says you can have soup in X minutes ... you can but not when you add in the preparation time.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

That was exactly what i had wondered and overall the benefits seem to be:

1) less things to clean up (that is dependant if the soup maker itself is easier to clean, overall they seem to be)
2) automated process: prep ingredients, switch on and walk away: they stir, cook and then blitz if needed
3) can be preset on a timer so you can prep in the morning and then it will cook just prior to lunch to be ready by 12:30;)

Least that's all the theory i've read:LOL:

I've ordered one last night so i'll either be a soup maker lover or it will be consigned to the cupboard by the end of the month.....

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That was exactly what i had wondered and overall the benefits seem to be:

1) less things to clean up (that is dependant if the soup maker itself is easier to clean, overall they seem to be)
2) automated process: prep ingredients, switch on and walk away: they stir, cook and then blitz if needed
3) can be preset on a timer so you can prep in the morning and then it will cook just prior to lunch to be ready by 12:30;)

Least that's all the theory i've read:LOL:

I've ordered one last night so i'll either be a soup maker lover or it will be consigned to the cupboard by the end of the month.....
That about sums it up.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
All the soup maker does is cook it quicker and mush it up if you want it to. You still have to prepare all the veg etc (and meat if required) first and this is what a lot of people forget about when they buy them because it says you can have soup in X minutes ... you can but not when you add in the preparation time.
Currently making chicken soup using the left overs. In a saucepan the traditional way.......

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
You might know A LADY WILL COME ALONG WITH A BETTER WAY PUTTING ALL US MEN UNDER PRESURE:love:DONT FORGET TO FRY THE BACON BITS FIRST

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Morphy Richards Total Control is the Which? Best Buy in the category, if that's what you are after. My soup maker is Her Indoors and very good she is too.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Great for small amounts, for just me and my wife I use it.

when I do some for us all 5 of us I prefer a pan and make "overs" for freezing too

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I batch cook Green Soup, freeze it and eat a portion every day Monday to Friday with peanut butter on toast. (Weekends, I don't do 'healthy' 😉 )

Bag of frozen broccoli, half a bag of peas and some frozen spinach boiled up for 10 minutes with a couple of stock cubes and then blitzed with a hand blender. Costs about £1.25 for 10 portions. Nice!

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I just stumbled across this jug soup maker on offer at Lakeland half-price at £39.99.

Its smaller capacity at 1L so may suit some better than the larger machines. It also makes sauces and doubles as a steamer.

I bought a Drew & Cole soup maker from FB Marketplace for £10, its brilliant I use it all the time. Definitely not a gadget that will be parked at the back of a cupboard (y)

Karen

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Think mine was £60 from Argos for our Morphy Richards. (Though. It was a present so was not supposed to know) :)
I got mine for £50.00. excellent buy. Does enough for two people. Just shop around. ao.com might be worth a try. Free delivery if you are prepared to wait a few days. Got mine from Amazon.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Coming back to this I forgot to mention ours sometimes burns on the bottom but the instructions (which I read recently) does warn about this. Easily cleaned with a bit of a soak.
I read somewhere that just a small drop of oil in bottom stops veg sticking. So far this seems to work.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If you have a spare grand, get a Thermomix.
It'll do more than soup for that price, and probably make your eyes water.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Soup makers?

An electric toy that makes soup?

JEEEEEEEEZ!

These marketing men see loads of folk with spare cash and certainly know how to take it from them...

Soup makers... I don't believe it...!

JJ :cool:

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Soup makers?

An electric toy that makes soup?

JEEEEEEEEZ!

These marketing men see loads of folk with spare cash and certainly know how to take it from them...

Soup makers... I don't believe it...!

JJ :cool:
You’d better believe it! Excellent, speedy and only one item to wash up! Sometimes it’s really nice to indulge. 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back