LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I have a alphatronics sl32 sb cr tv and a pioneer avh190 dvd headset, also a Oyster HDtv satellite receiver

Im trying to get the sound from the tv to radio aux in

the sound out phonos on the tv are connected.

I can select, aux in on the radio headset, but nothing, sometimes static

is there a setting on the tv to post the sounds Ive missed, or am I doing something stupid......

attidition info

there does not appear to be any aux sound out cables to the satellite receiver

there is no scart plug conector to the tv, there are sound out phonos only

also posted in tv & satellite but as its a Carthgo I though you guys will have come across this before

I'm beginning to miss my Autotrail

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think your TV will have bluetooth that can send the sound to your head unit, assuming that is bluetooth as well.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I think it does, back to the manuals then (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I think your TV will have bluetooth that can send the sound to your head unit, assuming that is bluetooth as well.

I think it does, back to the manuals then (y)

it doesn't seem theres is blue tooth on the headset, although it does show it has having it in the manual, but ins not showing on the headset menu, it does show it has a wire aux in though ,....

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
I haven't interrogated the wiring too closely but I do know (from both our Carthagos) that the only sound coming from the 'surround' speakers is from the radio or from a DCD/CD in the unit. The front TV isn't linked to the Pioneer unit.
As it happens, when watching a DVD, having the sound via the surround speakers isn't very satisfactory as none of the speakers are close enough to the screen to 'pull' the dialog there...it's actually better (imho) just to have the sound from the TV for that reason.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Looking at the manual I can only see a combined AV output which they don't say what connector it is so I assume a multi pole jack that you are using a conversion lead on, is that right?
There is a setting in the sound menu to turn internal speakers on/off, might be worth trying.

It's probably a lot easier to use the headphone output for connecting to the head unit.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
the answer was a bit more interesting

If you are trying to output the sound from a hdmi output say a firestick this will not work on the alphatronics it only works from digital TV or sat TV something to do with the digital laws in Germany

following the advice from Ditcha from the tv satellite forum

I took a satellite feed down to the tv, by passing the hdmi feed from the oyster decoder and it works fine.

problem sorted.....

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Scout
I cannot comment on the Aphatronics TV, but we have an Avtex and have found the same problem.
The only audio out from the Avtex TV is LHS & RHS 3.5mm sockets on the side of the TV, I bought a lead to run from the tv to the back of the Pioneer head unit which I also installed as our Carthago didn't have the media pack installed on delivery as we wished to fit our own gear.
Having connected up between the TV & the head unit, selecting Aux input on the pioneer head unit nothing happened, no sound got through. I did eventually discovered a low power somewhat distorted signal was getting through to the pioneer pre amp inputs, but only when I turned the volume up high on the head unit, as the input signal from the TV was terribly weak.
You might have a better audio out signal from the Alphatronics TV as I believe this is what is fitted as standard by Carthago,
Avtex were not that helpful and confirmed the only audio out was from the phono sockets on the TV we have, which is sufficient for feeding the localised Bose speaker, but not for a 5mtr run to the front.

Thinking it was signal loss due to the length of cable I bought upgraded phono leads but this made no difference. I gave up in the end, and continued to use our Bose separate speaker via the headphone out socket on the TV, which being close to tv works well.

The Carthago speakers fitted above your head for the tv are not that good either, so these were disconnected as I upgraded the door speakers and put component (separate) tweeters mounted on the dash either side, along with a separate Harman Kardon audio amp, with upgraded speaker cables and crossover unit to feed them.
Audio sounds wonderful in the cab now, but given up on TV feed through head unit.

Let me know if you are eventually successful feeding audio from The TV via head unit.
LES

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thinking it was signal loss due to the length of cable I bought upgraded phono leads but this made no difference. I gave up in the end, and continued to use our Bose separate speaker via the headphone out socket on the TV, which being close to tv works well.
Very unlikley to be signal loss on the cables at audio frequencies even though the output is probably high impedande probably 50k not a problem unless you are running 10's of meters. I expec the output level is too low, take the output from the headphone output.

Mind you with he Pioneer unit you are probably better off the way you are those units are so power hungry.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Scout

Let me know if you are eventually successful feeding audio from The TV via head unit.
LES

when I feed the tv directly IE from the sat dish, not through the hdmi input it works fine to the radio head, having said that Ive now decided to just use the tv speakers , especially after reading Lenny's post above..

I have a humax in the bedroom, which used to be our main tv in our old van, we use the humax soundbar with that which makes up the poor speakers on the humax.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back