LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny... when you say head unit do you mean the original radio unit in doner van? If so my unit auto shuts down after about 5mins and I have not found a way to disable it.. so to keep listening I would need to leave ignition on..something I am not prepared to do.
A late reply I never got an alert.
I fitted my own Clarion head unit and wired it to the EBL distribution unit so it runs off the leisure battery.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
What sort of resolution from the projector? Is it 1080p and would you recommend the one you have? I'm interested but I don't really know where to start.
This is the one I have just bought in Spain from amazon.es, only arrived yesterday but I'm happy with it so far:

Amazon product ASIN B07VN52BYF
You can adjust the picture ratio to fit the screen, I looked at others which were cheaper and got good reviews but some of the sellers offered free gifts for good reviews so I plumped for this one. So I can only recommend it after one night's use I'm afraid but excellent so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Thnx Lenny....Better late than never as actress said to the bishop??

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Thanks - unfortunately the link is missing :cry:.
Thats strange, it comes up when I click on it, thats happened before ?. I've attached a screenshot of the page ..
Screenshot_2020-02-22-19-18-17.png
Screenshot_2020-02-22-19-18-17.png

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
We sell them

The sound is a vast improvement, without a doubt.

They are too expensive, for what they, the link SMB posted as an example.

Play Dire Straits “Private Investigation” the the Avtex and and say a Bose mini sound bar, which is the same kind of money, and you will hear an amazing difference.
Private investigations and Telegraph Road are two of my favourite Dire straits tracks!

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I have had a few nights “away” in our drive and have been using my Avtex TV and Firestick. They seem to work very well but the sound is, as others have said, pretty rubbish. I have a Bose mini soundlink speaker with an aux input, connected this to the TV but the computer “hash” generated by the Firestick makes it useless. The audio lead to the speaker has RF blocking filters at each end which I would have thought would stop this problem, maybe it’s coming in via the 12v supply to the speaker? Have triad a small laptop speaker powered by 5v but the volume is insufficient but with no “hash”. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I have had a few nights “away” in our drive and have been using my Avtex TV and Firestick. They seem to work very well but the sound is, as others have said, pretty rubbish. I have a Bose mini soundlink speaker with an aux input, connected this to the TV but the computer “hash” generated by the Firestick makes it useless. The audio lead to the speaker has RF blocking filters at each end which I would have thought would stop this problem, maybe it’s coming in via the 12v supply to the speaker? Have triad a small laptop speaker powered by 5v but the volume is insufficient but with no “hash”. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Ty plugging it into the aux on the radio head unit in your van

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I think I’ve sorted it, problem seems to be a “dirty” 12v supply (even though it works fine on Bluetooth) so I’ve placed it on its charging base and fed that with 12v from the supplied bose 230v psu via my inverter, no noise and superb sound, also works fine on battery only, but the battery is now a bit old and tired so probably wouldn’t last a 2 hour film hence the need to power it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back