Sorry Important Toilet thread. (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
We have a Thetford toilet in our van and the red full light only ever comes on during the night when we are tucked up in bed, I assume this is a manufacturing fault that may be covered under warranty ?

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I have a red light which sometimes illuminates but I seldom look, more inclined to watch the level through the hatch. I can’t see what the benefit of the light is, in fact I’m normally aware of the level judging by the sound of liquids going into the tank

Upvote 1

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have a red light which sometimes illuminates but I seldom look, more inclined to watch the level through the hatch. I can’t see what the benefit of the light is, in fact I’m normally aware of the level judging by the sound of liquids going into the tank
Wot ‘e sed. If it’s bothering you put some tape over the light. 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Roger S
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Is your cassette full or not full when the red "full" light comes on, and do I take it that neither of you get up for a tiddle during the night?
Yes it is full when the light comes on but only at night, its NEVER blo..... full during the day, just when I have my pyjamas and smoking jacket on.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Roger S
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Make sure the float which has a magnet in it is clean and not sticking, may need to get your toothbrush on it.

Yippee a toilet thread.
The wife has an electric tooth brush, that should clean it very well im thinking (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We have a Thetford toilet in our van and the red full light only ever comes on during the night when we are tucked up in bed, I assume this is a manufacturing fault that may be covered under warranty ?
Maybe you just can't see the light when it's daytime,probably a fault,that's unless you fill it in the night.
Best to empty it and then see if the light comes back on during the first night of use.

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2022
Bottesford, Scunthorpe, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
I found on mine the float arm had a corrosion like hard deposit on the magnet end stopping it from going down, so I cleaned it when doing a full strip down clean at home, I also found a previous owner had removed the reed switch from the toilet body thus turning it off permanently, £15 for a new one, I'm a firm believer if its fitted it should work.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Sorry but is this a joke!
Surely you should know when the cassette is getting towards full and if that’s at the end of the day why not empty it before you go to bed!?!?
Obviously the ‘full’ light will come on when it’s full so why not pre-empt it?

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
If your van is parked on a slope it can give a full light to empty which can be misleading. There are some on here (I know a certain person!!) who always drops a level on the floor wherever we park :giggle:

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I think it’s time you stopped drinking 8 pints of beer in the evening and switched to a few glasses of single malt to reduce volume in cassette. :xThumb: :xsmile:

Always empty at every opportunity as well :xThumb:

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
What light? Ours has a green/orange sticker on a bit of plastic controlled by the float. Get yer hand in a clean it and keep an eye on the level when the blade is open.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Pop one of these in the cassette when it’s heads clearly visible poking out the blade, it’s time to empty 👍🏻

61A3ECC5-FAE8-44DE-AE30-D0F88DD8F5F6.jpeg

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Make sure the float which has a magnet in it is clean and not sticking, may need to get your toothbrush on it.

Yippee a toilet thread.
That reminds me of an old joke about the US president visiting soldiers in hospital.

“What are you suffering from soldier”
“Piles Sir”
“What is the treatment”
“Brush the affected area 3 times a day with a stiff brush Sir”
“What is your ambition”
“Get back to fighting for my Country Sir”

“What are you suffering from soldier”
“Sexual disease Sir”
“What is the treatment”
“Brush the affected area 3 times a day with a stiff brush Sir”
“What is your ambition”
“Get back to fighting for my Country Sir”