Sorry cant find similar thread.... (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2015
Addingham, West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f
Exp
Veteran
We are thinking of doing an Oz/N Zealand month and want to hire MHs for both 2 week legs. Seems very expensive for old and ill equipped MHs over there - any advice on where to book or any other tips please?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed My advise would be if you are going to NZ allow at least 4 weeks for the North Island and the South Island you will need at least 5 weeks.

We went there March 2015 and went to the North Island first.

We hired from WENDEKREISEN Not the newest of MoHo but clean and never let us down.
They collected us from the airport and dropped us off at the hire end. If they can't collect or drop you get a taxi and they refund you.

You will find the top hirers sell their MoHo after a couple of years to another hirer and so on down the line.

I can't remember the exact amount we paid for the MoHo but it was less than half of one of the top hirers.

You can pay over twice what we did for a MoHo but I wasn't worried about having the latest model but value for money.

I went for the full monty regarding insurance and it covered everything tyres, underbody damage, windscreen etc. This also included camping chairs/table, sat nav, tv etc.

A couple of teaser pictures for you :)

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
You wont see to much in a fortnight in AUS.
From Sydney to the border north at Coolangatta is over a 1000 clicks, going west to Broken Hill is 2000 clicks. Travel by Jumbo Jet
North, South or West for 5 hours and you'll still be in Australian air space.
To see NZ in all its pristine glory, minimum 4 weeks is needed.
And I'll bet you a brick to London Town you will have never seen so many shades of green in all your life as you will see in NZ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back