Sorry - another question (1 Viewer)

madmothermeryl

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
today!
Which motorhome club do you recommend us joining? caravan club, motorhome and caravan club? Are their advantages?
Thank you:Smile:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I am a member of the Caravan Club but TBH there are probably better clubs, a lot depends on what style of motorhoming you are planning on undertaking. If you are a familly who never (or hardly ever) ventures outside Uk and always stays on sites with EHU, shower blocks, and kids entertainment then maybe the CC is the one for you.

I'm still debating with myself whether to renew my subscription.

Upvote 0

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We're members of the caravan club. Had considered joining the camping and caravanning club also, but decided to just stick with the CC.
We will definately re-new membership of CC. We find the CL's through the CC brilliant, and often really well placed for the places we want to visit, and at the fraction of the cost of a full site.
Also a lot of insurance companies offer discount for members of an orgaisation such as CC. (Must say we dont' insure through CC as their own policy didn't suit).
Also with the CC we have had vouchers for 3 nights at a haven, which, as we stay at haven sometimes, means that the membership more than pays for itself with this alone, not taking any of the other benefits into account (CL's and insurance disount as mentioned, ferry discounts etc)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're members of the Camping & Caravanning Club, which we originally joined as tent campers, to get discounts on ferries & campsites in Europe as well as use of the small 5 unit sites around the UK,

Kev

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm a member of both the CC and C&CC but only because i make a 'clerical' error and forgot to cancel the CC membership.:Doh: never had anything from them so no point in staying.

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Caravan club for us - we get discount on our insurance for being members and we use the CL network for most of our nights away in the UK. :Smile:
Lots of stories about jumped up wardens at CC sites, but I have never had that happen on a CL.

Upvote 0

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
we are members of the C&CC and used a number of their sites especially small 5 van sites.
Did join the CC but everytime I tried to book was told the site was full so never got to use them and cancelled my membership (other do seem to have better luck and would recommend them)
I have considered the Motorcaravan club but not yet got around to trying them.

Whichever you join can I suggest you consider some of their rallies and temp holiday sites not just their more permanent sites, even if you may not consider yourself a 'rally type' they are normally good cheap pitches near to local attractions.

Regards

Colin

Upvote 0

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
It really depends on what you want from a club.

If its access to some Uk sites then CC or C&CC.

If it's to belong to a similar minded community then there are online 'clubs' and you've already found one here :winky:

In our own experience we joined the C&CC when we started out because we got a discount on our insurance so it was worth the membership fee. To be honest though that was our only benefit. We rarely use UK sites so do not benefit from membership that way and the only other plus would be an interesting monthly newsletter - and it may be interesting if you caravan or camp but there is precious little to interest the motorhomer. Fortunately, this year, when we renewed our insurance through a different company we did not need to belong to a club.

We won't be renewing with the C&CC :Smile:

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Which club...if any

We are members of both the CC and the C&CC, one thing the C&CC offer that the CC do not is a "motorhomr stop off facility" for a small fee......you can dump your waste water, toilet, have a shower and do the laundry, all subject to availability.

Have a look at the web sites, and parhaps visit Delamere Forest (C&CC) and Cheshire Oaks (CC), and see which attracts you most.

I endorse all thats been said about the 5 van sites and rallies, it realy does come down to your choice.

Have fun selecting

Nomadic

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
one advantage of the CC...there are no tents.

from what i'v heard the C&CC on the other hand, as the name implies..Camping & caravaning club, can be over-run with tenters albeit on a seperate area so use of the 'facilities' morning and evening may be a bit restricted.

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Sorry to contradict you John, but there are CC sites allowing tents in a separate area.
Losehill and Knaresborough are two that come to mind.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back