Sorn (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
SORNed last week and got my cheque yesterday. (y)

But how do I pay it into the bank? We're shielding so can't do it. Son agreed to do it for me but he is a key worker and today the bank has informed me that they are only open Mon-Fri 10-2!

I guess that I can post it to the bank, but there are no guarantees that it will get there.

Do I keep it on the noticeboard for 3 months with fingers crossed?
Why didn't they pay it back into my account electronically?

Gordon
We bank with barclays, on the app you can take a photo of the cheque and it goes straight into your account. The wonders of modern technology Might be worth having a look, if not send in the post.

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I bank with Lloyd’s you can put your cheques in to your account online

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They never thought this one out when they brought 'sorn' in. Bit like doing away with tax discs & losing money now.:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
They made a number of changes that make them win win at most cases, eg non transferable tax, so you sell mid month and pay for all that month and the new owner has to pay for that month. Sorn has been in place for donkeys years, without an Mot needed to sorn. I was once fined for having a car taxed but not insured i was required to sorn it. It had been replaced and i was trying to sell it. The man expects to win almost all of the time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back