Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Is it worth doing sort for a month with all the paperwork
If you can earn more in the time it takes to SORN a vehicle online then ...,Can I have a Sub? (Please)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I’ll look at but for month now saves £13.75 but I like to bring it home and charge the batteries.
If I was one of these who use it twice a year it’s well worth it

Feb 6, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Simbadog, you don’t have to go to the bank or post office with a cheque, if you bank with one of the big boys you can photo the cheque back and front and send the pictures via their web site to your account. Job done!

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Checked with scenic insurance...if sorned then cover changes from fully comp to 3rd part fire and theft....any damage incurred whilst on our drive would not be covered so left as is.....also a part of me that agrees with davidg58.....for the relatively small amount we will get back I think the country needs it more right now.

Think would be good idea for everyone who Sorns to check with their insurers, AIB assured me we were still fully comprehensively covered whilst in storage.

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don't know what to do with my campervan. I had a service and MOT booked for today but the garage has cancelled. It will come up for tax renewal shortly which presumably I won't be able to do because no MOT. I would like to keep it going as the battery will go flat presumably and I've got no way of charging it up. Will speak with insurance company, methinks.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Your tyres will be fine, ours is SORNed for 5 months a year and never moves ?

Thank you Richard and Ann, I was concerned about this. The reason of my concern is, many years back my parents come to love next door, dad would leave the car in the garage without moving for quite a number of weeks,, then would just go out for a drive around. I asked him why, his reply was the tyres despite being inflated to correct pressure had flat spots where the tyre was on the ground, and he drives around on occasions to correct this. So I have been bearing the in mind. So thank you again for re-assurance also to prove her indoors to be correct again :confused: :Eeek::cool:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I know we sent supposed to pick at people's spelling... but sorry could not miss this one..... " YOUR PARENTS CAME TO LOVE NEXT DOOR. ????

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just about to pay the tax on mine, I really can't see the point of SORN to save £13.75 a month which would mean I couldn't use it if I needed to.
Also needs it's first MOT middle of next month although I won't bother with that with the current amnesty. I wouldn't want to SORN it and end up in the position of panicking to get an MOT before I can tax it each year.

rick brind

Free Member
May 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
hymer a class
Exp
6 years
Are you allowed to SORN if the vehicle is stored in a storage location which is not the R/K's address - anyone please??
Yes no problem

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
There is a 6 month amnesty for a MOT test according to the Dealer who phoned me yesterday to say they were closing.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I know we sent supposed to pick at people's spelling... but sorry could not miss this one..... " YOUR PARENTS CAME TO LOVE NEXT DOOR. ????
Well what can I say, I blame spell checker o_O, but yes they did love being next door, out and away from London, out in the countryside. But I meant was came to live next door. But we need to fun moments at this time. And I am SORN to love:drinks:

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
There is a 6 month amnesty for a MOT test according to the Dealer who phoned me yesterday to say they were closing.
Yes, I spoke to my insurance company and they told me DVLA has extended any MOT due for renewal after 30 March for 6 months. This means I can keep my campervan on the road.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I hope that when life gets the go ahead once more that they make it just before the end of a month, then all the mercenary ones will wait a few more days to retax on the 1st, giving a few of us still taxed the choice of prime locations ??

even those that foresake the months tax to get away with me on day 1, will need to factor in a potential meltdown at DVLA when you all try to retax on the same day ?

stay safe ?

Timcowen

Free Member
Dec 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Sailer 748since
Exp
Since 2017
Sorn yesterday as tax due next week. Luckily have fair sized driveway so can move it around, turn it around d etc just to keep things moving a bit. May consider only ins Third party fire and theft until further notice when it's due on 17th.

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Just SORNd mine, only taxed for a month, bit concerned about leaving her sitting for several months, I understand the advice is NOT to start the engine and allow to idle up to “normal “ operating temperature. What do you think?

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Sorn yesterday as tax due next week. Luckily have fair sized driveway so can move it around, turn it around d etc just to keep things moving a bit. May consider only ins Third party fire and theft until further notice when it's due on 17th.
I looked into similar when i left my car for long periods but 3rd party fire and theft was never much cheaper ( if at all) than fully comp.. Insurance company explanation was the only ones seeking 3rd P. F. & T was those with bad ratings and their fully comp would be ridiculously high. But for average Joe public then no...

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I don't know what to do with my campervan. I had a service and MOT booked for today but the garage has cancelled. It will come up for tax renewal shortly which presumably I won't be able to do because no MOT. I would like to keep it going as the battery will go flat presumably and I've got no way of charging it up. Will speak with insurance company, methinks.
We SORN'd yesterday. Going to a few months at least I think.
MOT's have been extended for 6 months so you will be able to tax it even though it has technically run out.

Nov 25, 2019
Dartmouth
Funster No
MH
1990 swift kon tiki
Exp
I,m a newbie
We think and some off you have already sorned your motorhomes but sadly maybe some off you like me have to park on the road so we cant use it or go anywere yet we have no option but to pay tax still on a vehicle we cant use or go any were in were at all sadly so wouldnt you think maybe the give us a amnesty for road tax as they doing for MOT wen it runs out as we not going anywere in the motorhomes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back