Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We bought one of those yellow plastic A boards for £7 from another site, but you get the idea.
Yes Id been thinking about something along those lines and wasn't going to bother as want to mainly wild anyway but for the sake of less than a tenner I think I shall get one anyway for such an occasion not ive had this experience
We pick up our first motorhome tomorrow, I've never heard of this, but it's good to know for the future (already bought my yellow plastic sign)

Make sure that you mark them permanently so that they are clearly yours and no-one else can easily use them otherwise they'll go walkies!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
1624308017141.png
Sorted, remember to allow for awning size if you leave the sight.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
We use a yellow (personalised) number plate off a previous vehicle, hung on a warning triangle. I expect that one day, they’ll nick the triangle!

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I was going to buy an A frame type of sign, and then thought that it will just be something else to have to find a place to carry and came up with this solution. A piece of plastic skirting board and some black paint, enables a step to be dual purpose (y)

Step.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was going to buy an A frame type of sign, and then thought that it will just be something else to have to find a place to carry and came up with this solution. A piece of plastic skirting board and some black paint, enables a step to be dual purpose (y)

View attachment 509216
Until they nick your step ... :LOL: ... why not just make a 'stake' for the sign that can be attached/removed, at least that way if they nick the sign you won't have to fork out a load of dosh for a new one.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
2 cool boxes....so empty your toilet in one and your waste water in the other...sorted 👍
Wind and rain stops a bbq 🤷‍♂️ what's that about

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
If it was a massive site that was really cramped and busy I can understand marking your pitch if you go out but personally I wouldn't stay on a site like that and really can't be arsed worrying about parking back in the same spot but were all different luckily

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
2 cool boxes....so empty your toilet in one and your waste water in the other...sorted 👍
Wind and rain stops a bbq 🤷‍♂️ what's that about
Couldn't be arsed with it to be honest really wanted to try the wind out awning but just too windy and by the time I'd had a beer, that was it lol.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
This is first time I hear of pitch marking. I understand a hotel room you got a key for the door, but marking your spot? Common, even Sheldon gives up the sofa spot. If I turn up on a empty pitch, I take it.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The germans even reserve wildcamping spots...ive watched some very entertaining arguments between spot reservers and those who have moved all their crap and taken the spot 😁

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
It’s a bit different wilding to trying to protect a pitch you’ve bought and paid for! Trust the Germans to having an equivalent for sun bed beach towels for motorhomes!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The germans even reserve wildcamping spots...ive watched some very entertaining arguments between spot reservers and those who have moved all their crap and taken the spot 😁
It’s a bit different wilding to trying to protect a pitch you’ve bought and paid for! Trust the Germans to having an equivalent for sun bed beach towels for motorhomes!
... and the Dutch ... we really peed off one couple who had left a big gap at the side of their MH at the end of a row to have a large sitting out area, as there were no other places due to the selfishness of a lot of others leaving large gaps between MHs with their kit out on it, but not quite enough space for a MH, so the large space next to the Dutch couple's was the only spot so we nabbed it, parking at a bit of an angle to give them plenty of space still next to their MH ... when they got back they weren't happy because they said they couldn't get their large bikes back in the rear garage (total b*llocks). They were just cheesed off because they thought they'd been 'clever' by being greedy with the space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back