Sooner or later it was bound to happen (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
SWMBO has accidentaly broken the support for the bed. She was making the bed up ( dragging it out ) when the support snagged on the rug and broke. I have been very calm as it is only a bit of wood. Unfortunately it is proving difficult to find a piece. It is plywood with a Beech effect finish. About 10 mm by 50 or 60 mm ( should have measured it ) by about 350mm. I can fit another piece of wood but it might look odd. It is the support that sits between the two cupboard doors when it is used aas a sofa, if that helps. Any pointers as to where to source on wood (would ) be appreciated.Thanks:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If it broke so easily it may be worth looking into making a stronger support..

either by reinforcing the new piece, making it thicker or replacing with an aluminium leg.. but without a picture it's hard to visualise exactly..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
SWMBO has accidentaly broken the support for the bed. She was making the bed up ( dragging it out ) when the support snagged on the rug and broke. I have been very calm as it is only a bit of wood. Unfortunately it is proving difficult to find a piece. It is plywood with a Beech effect finish. About 10 mm by 50 or 60 mm ( should have measured it ) by about 350mm. I can fit another piece of wood but it might look odd. It is the support that sits between the two cupboard doors when it is used aas a sofa, if that helps. [HI]Any pointers as to where to source on wood[/HI] (would ) be appreciated.Thanks:thumb:

Trees!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back