Somport tunnel in January? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's the summit, 500 m above the tunnel entrance, which if you went that way you would bypass the tunnel !!:xwink:
Yes but you can see whether it is snowing .:xlaugh:
& yes last year in July I had to go over the top as Falling rocks on the French side they decided to make a meal of the job & sent everyone over the top for a couple of months.:xdoh:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We drove down through France last weekend. Think Somport would have been fine but chose to come via Toulouse and A66 onto E09. clear all the way but you do have 25euros of tolls or you can drive over the top. Think we could have driven over the top but were in a hurry.

Somport is free but a right wriggle to get to on the french side, whereas the spanish are improving their side, why does Spain have better roads than enyone else?

Jon

btw christmas day in benicassim was 20c and sunny. perfecto!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Somport is free but a right wriggle to get to on the french side, whereas the spanish are improving their side, why does Spain have better roads than enyone else?

Jon

Because we, as part of the European Community paid for the new roads for the Spanish

Quite true & the idea was the same would be done on the French side ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the locals won't have any of it. & I don't blame them . the scenery that side all the way up is stunning. Can you imagine a dual carriageway right through it ? If you look around as go along on the French side you will see signs & graffiti to the effect that they don't want the road altered.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A question please? :)

If you don't have internet access, and you don't have either satellite TV, or digital/analogue terrestrial TV, how do you monitor the weather on a day to day basis?

Some folks don't have a TV facility at all in their MHs, and not everyone (me included) understands French language programmes on the radio. :(

Regards,

Jock. :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
McDonald's. :) or some supermarkets/ service stations for free wifi access is what I used to use. Now changed my phone network to three so will have use of that now. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
McDonald's. :) or some supermarkets/ service stations for free wifi access is what I used to use. Now changed my phone network to three so will have use of that now. :)
Or a three sim
Thanks Steve, and Eddie.
I know this will take the thread a bit off topic, but I don't want to sign up to a contract, so do PAYG Three sims allow the Three at Home use? If so, I need to get it sorted before April.

Cheers,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
A question please? :)

If you don't have internet access, and you don't have either satellite TV, or digital/analogue terrestrial TV, how do you monitor the weather on a day to day basis?

Some folks don't have a TV facility at all in their MHs, and not everyone (me included) understands French language programmes on the radio. :(

Regards,

I don't have any of the above I just look out the window. If the sun is shining it's sunny & if it's raining it's -------------etc.:xgrin:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I don't have any of the above I just look out the window. If the sun is shining it's sunny & if it's raining it's -------------etc.:xgrin:
Ah yes Gus, but would you have taken the same route if you knew that when you next looked out the window, you'd be covered in snow, and the road possibly closed? :xwink:

Cheers,

Jock. :xsmile:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Thanks Steve, and Eddie.
I know this will take the thread a bit off topic, but I don't want to sign up to a contract, so do PAYG Three sims allow the Three at Home use? If so, I need to get it sorted before April.

Cheers,

Yes

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
[QUOTE="jonegood, post: 1682179, member: 12013

Jon

btw christmas day in benicassim was 20c and sunny. perfecto!![/QUOTE]

Someone seems to be speaking with false tongue! Certainly wasn't 20c and definitely wasn't sunny. Check photos on Facebook and eltiempo.es web site for confirmation. It was better than back in old Blighty, but certainly not swimming weather. Only the very brave took to the water this year!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
[QUOTE="jonegood, post: 1682179, member: 12013

Jon

Someone seems to be speaking with false tongue! Certainly wasn't 20c and definitely wasn't sunny. Check photos on Facebook and eltiempo.es web site for confirmation. It was better than back in old Blighty, but certainly not swimming weather. Only the very brave took to the water this year!![/QUOTE]

Well I was here and it was 20c on my temperature guage and got up to 21c yesterday. Didnt say it was swimming weather though I want at least 24 for that.

bonterra park, benicassim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back