something for the weekend (1 Viewer)

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Getting ready for our first weekend away ,booked couple of days on Hollins farm Silverdale,Not to far for our first go about 11/2 hr away.
The last owner drained the water tanks and are still empty last October ,is there a procedure for refilling, sterilising etc .
oddjob

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I refill the tank with fresh water and add Milton Fluid (The cheaper ASDA version :Smile:)
& then flush it through all of the tap outlets, including the shower. This has the effect of giving the waste tanks a bit of a freshen up as well. I then drain all of the tanks again & put about 5 litres into the fresh tank. I would then fill up once I have reached the site ::bigsmile: No doubt there will be many versions of this procedure.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
In my opinion there is no need to add anything to the water in the UK as it already contains sufficient chlorine kill any bugs, but I would, if possible give the tank a hose down by removing the large access cap and give the inside of the tank a hand clean with a dish washing pad

Then fill the tank, pump some water through every tap, leave it over night, Drain the tank the next day, refill the tank, pump some more water through every tap and that's it.

I have followed this procedure every year for the last 6 years in our present MH and filled the tank in France, Germany, Andorra, Spain, Canary Islands, Portugal and Morocco and never had any problems.

Any thing you add to the tank in likely to give a taste to the water, but if you are really concerned then think about fitting a good quality water filter such as.

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/water_filters.htm

Good luck.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back