Somerset Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show 2008 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter SomersetMotorhomeShow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SomersetMotorhomeShow

Deleted User
The 2008 Somerset Motorhome Show

Hush Hush Announcement !!

PLEASE keep this to yourselves for now - but keep it in mind for your diaries (eh Jim? :winky:).

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd let you know about the brand new 2008 Somerset Motorhome Show.

The show is to be held at Brean Leisure Park and Holiday Resort Unity on Friday February 29th to Sunday March 2nd - followed by the Private Motorhome Sales Day on Tuesday March 4th.

Brean is well signposted off J22 of the M5 (approx 25 miles south of Bristol). This show is ideal for day visitors from the South West and South Wales but benefits from great camping facilities also.

2008 Somerset Motorhome Show - Mothers Day Weekend

- Friday and Saturday (9-5) and Sunday (9-4)
- Day Visitors £5 (big discounts & coupons for pre-purchase)
- Excellent Camping Facilities (on real camping pitches)
- Free On-Site Transport
- Q&A Forums with Industry Experts (VOSA, DVLA etc)
- Show Arena is all on tarmac or gravel.

Camping Rates

4 Nights Camping (Thursday to Monday) from £39 including :-

- FREE multi-day show tickets for 2 people (£14 value).
- FREE show guide (£5 value).
- FREE transport to/from the camping fields and show arena.
- FREE nightly entertainment including free transport.
- FREE swimming session at Brean Leisure Park.
- FREE £500 full house bingo for all Moms on the Sunday (Mothers Day).

If MotorhomeFUN manage to get a decent sized rally going, I should be able to manage 2 Free Star Cabaret Tickets (worth £10) per pitch too.

See the website for pitch types and prices, plus extra nights at £8 per pitch.

Private Motorhome Sales Day - Tuesday March 4th

This unique event allows private sellers to bring their motorhome and display it for sale, for just £10.

The motorhome show accessory sellers are expected to stay for the event as they get a free stand.

Admission for this event is FREE and we are expecting a good turnout of vehicles to suit all budgets and large crowds to match.

Camping for 2 nights costs just £18 per pitch.

Please take a look at the website - but remember it isn't "official" just yet so keep it to yourselves please.

www.somerset-motorhome-show.co.uk

Any questions, suggestions or comments please fire away.

Oh, and don't forget to send those questions for the Industry Experts (or suggest what should be covered in the vacant Forum slots).

Cheers

Paul
aka ukrv

Last edited by a moderator:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Can you accommodate RV's?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well lets get along there then.

I see he has hook ups to:winky:

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Yes, Linda has noticed the size - without even putting a tape to it (and the RV is rather large too). :ROFLMAO:

Of course there are pitches for RVs - the best are full hookup on hardstanding, although there are only around 30 pitches for 35ft plus RVs ::bigsmile:

There are 100s of spaces to suit all types of MH and all budgets, including "rent-a-tents" and over 200 static caravans for hire.

Paul

Well lets get along there then.

It could be the ideal venue for anyone with a birthday to celebrate - especially milestones like 50ths. :thumb:

Withe the 2 ten-pin bowling lanes, pool tables, golf course and fishing lake it could also form the basis for some inter-forum challenges and games :roflmto:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Hi UKRV

not so hush now you have posted it on an open forum viewed by hundreds:Doh:

good luck it looks like it will be fun

nick

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Guys

I can finally announce the Link Removed.

This Show takes place in Link Removed, Somerset from Friday March 7th to Sunday March 9th 2008.

The Show actually consists of two parts :-

Link Removed, Link Removed & Link Removed on show at several dealers within (or very close to) the Link Removed Area.

and

The Link Removed which will be at Link Removed - a 10,000 square metre tarmac/gravel area with over 500 adjacent car parking spaces (again on tarmac not grass).

Entry to The Arena will be £1 for Adults and 50p for Under 16s.

There is a free prize draw to win a one week motorhome hire, valued at £600 - ideal for anyone wondering if motorhoming is for them.

Link Removed, at just £10 per night, is available at 3 proper campsites in the area (not just a field);

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Each will provide free entertainment each evening plus lots of on-site leisure amenities and facilities. There is free WiFi at The Tavern at Link Removed / Link Removed.

You can stay for as little as 2 nights.

Those without a caravan, motorhome or tent can Link Removed at;

Link Removed
Beachside Holiday Park

The Show Website can be viewed HERE

This interactive map shows the area.

If anyone has any questions, please fire away !!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi Folks

The dates and format of this show have changed (due to a catering show which would have been taking down their stands whilst our traders were trying to set-up theirs - not my fault :Doh:).

The new Show details can be found Link Removed

Thanks
Paul

U

ukrv

Deleted User
AND..........

There are a total of 600 serviced camping pitches reserved for this Show.

Brean does actually have over 2,000 pitches but the campsites are limiting the use to their better pitches just in case we get any poor weather.

At Holiday Resort Unity, there is space for around 50 RVs in addition to a few hundred motorhomes/caravans.

Paul

N

Nick Burrett

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Please be advised that the Somerset Caravan and Motorhome Show 2008 now has a brand new website.

Direct your fingers and mouse to Link Removed

Looking forward to seeing you!

Nick Burrett
Brean Leisure Park

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Jim/Bryan

I would (already did) ask that you consider removing details of the Show.

As Nick is aware, we are in dispute at the moment with regard the website and copyright theft.

My website : www.somerset-show.com
Nicks website : www.somersetshow.com

You will notice from my thread last week - when I stated I had withdrawn from the Show - that I was totally positive toward it and wished them well.

The facilities on offer at Unity Farm and Brean Leisure Park should allow them to host an excellent event, so please give it some thought when planning your Show visits for 2008.

What do I get for my trouble? - they steal the website (general design and layout) I have been working on since September.

All they had to do was decline the chance to purchase the website (and we're talking £1,500 not £15,000 here), but they decide to go about it an underhand way.

I have asked that they amend their website and they have refused, so i would suggest the threads be pulled if possible.

Regards
Paul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Blatant Advertising

breanleisurepark are members and under current rules are allowed to post links even if they are commercial and their own. That it was done, with the first post straight after joining and without an introduction will be seen by the membership as blatant and certainly not positive.

I am re-thinking all aspects of the commercial links that appear on the site. Presently my thoughts are to ban them all and only allow links in sigs and threads etc for those members who already pay us for advertisments. For example The UK springFair organisers are paying us to advertise, and this whole thread of advertising has been free!. The website needs advertisers to survive so I am wondering if we have got it right!

I am not sure which way to tackle this problem yet. But the good and benefit of the majority of membership must come first.

Hi Paul, the content of your last post was such that it should really have been a PM

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Jim

I have PMd you.

I wont PM Nick as we have each others email addresses :Sad: and will keep it offline.

Paul

N

Nick Burrett

Deleted User
Hi Guys

Well I can honestly say it's not my intention to cause offense to any members of the site. I posted without introducing myself because I just wanted to promote the new website.

I don't think it's professional to have a "he did this", "he did that" conversation here - but Paul has stood down as organiser and someone has to take over!

There is a dispute over the content of the site, but as Paul is no longer with us I can guarantee that our site will be more up to date than Pauls as he is no longer in the loop.

I didnt come here to start a fight - just to provide some useful information!

Cheers
Nick Burrett

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent the position of Brean Leisure Park & Holiday Resort Unity.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Guys

I posted without introducing myself because I just wanted to promote the new website.

Hi Nick, we have quite a few members who are also connected to the motorhome business and who "gently" promote their products and services here. All of them are active members who contribute to the site rather that just use it as free advertising. This will win you more friends than you can ever get by just spamming, which is effectively what you did yesterday.

You are most welcome here, and I look forward to your contribution and wish you well with your show.>:)

U

ukrv

Deleted User
.......as Paul is no longer with us I can guarantee that our site will be more up to date than Pauls as he is no longer in the loop....

....And my dad's bigger than your dad. :boxing:

Sorry Jim, I couldn't resist that one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Paul

N

Nick Burrett

Deleted User
Are you sure about that Paul?

Have you seen my dad?

Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.