Some pics of our Poland trip. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Internet to slow to add pics so sorry to disappoint' you'll just have to read it :)

Been in Poland for over a week now and really impressed with it, such a clean and friendly place. We Started off in Berlin then to Wroclaw, Katowice and Kraków.

We made the mistake of entering Poland on the A4 from Germany I wouldn't recommend it, apart from this road the roads have been superb and as someone else mentioned no rubbish at the road side.

We stopped at the Olympic camping Wroclaw, what a dump. It's ideal for the city but has to be the worst site I've stayed on, in places the grass was about 18inches long and where they had cut it it just lay in big clumps and a cost of £13 a night.

Moved on to a site just outside Katowice this place was superb and cheaper, based just outside the city with loads of activities near by and 3 lakes with man made beaches. My only criticism would be the road noise at night although the other 3 heard nothing. I'm a light sleeper so maybe just me.

Then headed to Kraków via the Saltmines (murder getting the motorhome down there) :):). Well worth a visit. Stayed at a motorhome dealership for around £7 a night, cycled in to the city the first night for a wee walk and a beer, only 6KM with the first 1/2KM on a quiet road and the rest on cycle path to the city center.

Stunning city and well worth a visit, cycled in the next day and did the full tour. Jumped on the bus outside camp gate at night for a few beers taxi home at 3:30 :).

Parked at Auschwitz for visit tomorrow

I'll add pics when on wifi.

Forgot to say the food has been superb

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The A4? From Dresden? Not my road from hell? That was the A18. The A4 was a good road in comparison :LOL:
We came from Berlin past Cottbus then into Poland which I think was the A4

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Keep posting please we are off to Poland via Koblenz, Prague, Krakow, warsaw, Dresden and Leipzig for a four week trip. Any recommendations welcome, currency, credit cards etc.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
[QUOTE="lorger, post: 2456198, member: 3262"

Moved on to a site just outside Katowice this place was superb and cheaper, based just outside the city with loads of activities near by and 3 lakes with man made beaches. My only criticism would be the road noise at night although the other 3 heard nothing. I'm a light sleeper so maybe just me.

[/QUOTE]

That campsite in Katowice is about 1km as the crow flies from us. You could have stayed in our yard with EHU, water, grey and black water dumps - bit late now.

As jumartoo says you were on the wrong road as the A4 comes from Dresden and Gorlitz. The one you were on was like that in 2011 when I moved here, but I thought they might have resurfaced it since, but apparently not. I surmise it might be like that because it has been used by tracked vehicles.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
[QUOTE="lorger, post: 2456198, member: 3262"

That campsite in Katowice is about 1km as the crow flies from us. You could have stayed in our yard with EHU, water, grey and black water dumps - bit late now.

As jumartoo says you were on the wrong road as the A4 comes from Dresden and Gorlitz. The one you were on was like that in 2011 when I moved here, but I thought they might have resurfaced it since, but apparently not. I surmise it might be like that because it has been used by tracked vehicles.

Geoff[/QUOTE]

That would have been nice Geoff and thanks for the offer, will keep you in mind for the next time. Yes it looks like it was the E36 we entered Poland then joined the A4, we're now in Prague after a long drive due to road works and a rough road not quite as bad as the Polish one but still a wee boneshaker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back