Some help for a relative Newbie (1 Viewer)

Neil Timms

Free Member
Jul 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Hymer MH with concertina window blinds to the side and front. These are guided by a steel rail which appears to be fixed to the side of the van with a metal disc through which comes a screw which is attached to the rail. Some hamfisted twit i.e. me has leaned on the rail and sprung it off the screw thread. Easy. New Screw and off we go ! Ah. but how is the metal disc through which the screw comes fixed to the van? Does it pop off or screw off or what? Did they build the van around it ? Can anyone help.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:eek:They will be Remis blinds -You can get after market fit -only ones I have had dealing with were screwed into the head lining where the screws had pulled out:eek: try a you tube search there are a few vids on showing how to fit them (y)
terry

OP
OP
N

Neil Timms

Free Member
Jul 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 510
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for your help friends. I have found the solution. The "metal disk" in fact simply pops off revealing two screws holding a base plate in place. Despite the advice of hte MH Dealer to be very careful because they break easily I found that in fact they were flexible plastic disks and not metal at all. Turned out to be a 5 minute job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back