Some changes and a new keyword system (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2020
Wild West Wales
Funster No
MH
murvi morocco
Exp
Too shy to mention but some!
Can I fly a flag for the Campervan Recreational And Recuperation team please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
These keywords are a good idea but some of them are a bit tooooooo 'eager' ... someone mentioned something in another thread with a 4 letter abbreviation with the last 2 being Cs so of course it linked to the Cs keyword which was nothing to do with it at all ... it's happening on other threads too with some things. OP was another one which again was referring to something completely different than the keyword.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
These keywords are a good idea but some of them are a bit tooooooo 'eager' ... someone mentioned something in another thread with a 4 letter abbreviation with the last 2 being Cs so of course it linked to the Cs keyword which was nothing to do with it at all ... it's happening on other threads too with some things. OP was another one which again was referring to something completely different than the keyword.

CSCS camc CS CAMCCS. This should only make a link of the middle 2 words. As it's programmed not to break words up. Yes, there will be some confusion if someone mentions an Annual General Meeting. AGM. but they won't be too inconvenienced.

Aug 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Joint Ad
This is a brilliant idea especially for newbies like myself. Thank you Jim

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
See above it did not mess with CSCS or CAMC when it was part of a larger word. OPerator Ops Room, OP

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'll see if I can find the thread with the 'cs' in

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Found it:

It's T&Cs that has the link, perhaps making one called T&Cs would solve the issue?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No I think I'll live with it. There might be some confusion but I think it's usefulness to newbies far outweighs a few anomalies

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
1638986713679.png

That's the other one ... in this post:

Broken Link Removed

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Yes, there will be some confusion if someone mentions an Annual General Meeting. AGM. but they won't be too inconvenienced
In that case, what you need is a - one of my favourite words - disambiguator.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry - don't like the keyword links, too intrusive and unnecessary.
Anyone who doesn't understand a mnemonic can ask or use google
Another forum I used to use, started going down this road... then miraculously found the system could be used for revenue creating advertising links - killed that forum.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry - don't like the keyword links, too intrusive and unnecessary.
Anyone who doesn't understand a mnemonic can ask or use google
Another forum I used to use, started going down this road... then miraculously found the system could be used for revenue creating advertising links - killed that forum.

One bold word in maybe every 5000, so intrusive. xroll: If you really struggle to cope, give me a shout we might be able to do something :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
One bold word in maybe every 5000, so intrusive. xroll: If you really struggle to cope, give me a shout we might be able to do something ‘\
...initially
But let's see - I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... and I'm honourable ... JimJam said so! :giggle:

• Funny
Reactions: Jim

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I have no idea what’s going on🤪

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
FLT, CDP Coventry.....Win 10 .Worked when made post, but not in Editing mode...
Oh...it does now...Magic.....I like it....

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Jim . This system is working fine for me and I'm sure will be a great asset to new members and those just starting out on their motorhome-owning journey. I know that such a system would have been great when I joined a couple of years ago.
One possible thing though...is there any way to limit the keyword referencing to a single instance of the TLA? What I mean is that in many threads there will be multiple repetitions of, say, leisure battery. This is especially common with more technical posts. As it stands, with posts such as this the multiple bold highlighting of the acronyms actually becomes counter-productive as it makes the entire post rather more difficult to read, at least for myself anyway.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for the feedback (y)

OK it's configured now for only the first instance of the word in a post to gain a link. Take a look at the words below to see what I mean. Every one of those words would have been linked, now it's just the first occurrence. This should make it far less intrusive (y)

BTU Toad BTU Toad BTU Toad Payload Payload Payload. MTPLM Payload GVW Mtplm. BTU Toad

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back