Solos- post your current location (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Currently in Estremoz. Left the peace and quiet of Barragem Santa Clara en Velha early this morning only to arrive in car park hell at Estremoz. Why did no-one tell me it was Easter? Farmers' market, flea markets and more people and cars than I've seen in months. Great fun though seeing so many people having fun. It's good to see town life once in a while.

From this....

IMG_8403.JPG

To this....

IMG_8417.JPG

In 24 hours.

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Kingmill hospital getting over a bout of MRSA hopefully in time for peterb

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Close to the River Thames having a beer. Bought new throws today(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• WIN_20170415_18_27_57_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170415_18_27_57_Pro.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 18
  • WIN_20170415_18_30_15_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170415_18_30_15_Pro.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Beautiful in Povoa De Varzim here in Portugal parked south of the marina... Haven't spoken to an English person since leaving the UK...(4 weeks) must be turning into a hermit... Oh happy days
lol know how you feel. .......... been there done it. I thought I was loosing my mind, before I met one kind funster who set me on the right path. Im sure the person will contact you. I only learnt on my way home how to spot uk people, and there weren't a lot. On the registration plate is a load of stars. In the stars is the country the person is from. My van is too old to have this, this is why I didn't know it. good luck viv

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Currently in Estremoz. Left the peace and quiet of Barragem Santa Clara en Velha early this morning only to arrive in car park hell at Estremoz. Why did no-one tell me it was Easter? Farmers' market, flea markets and more people and cars than I've seen in months. Great fun though seeing so many people having fun. It's good to see town life once in a while.

From this....

View attachment 157454
To this....

View attachment 157455

In 24 hours.
what a lovely happy van. This has made me happy today to see your van. :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Cowdenbeth fife Scotland then down to goole on Tuesday to see my grandchildren then work I suppose for a week or two
Bill

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Great, your not giving up then. Happy hunting.
Well given up on campers ..I sold too low. I sold low cause the guy I was buying from agreed to drop his price. Once I accepted on my side, to drop, the guy I was buying from pulled out. Now is the buying and selling time. So its a good market. So im stuck. I dropped almost 6 grand. I cant get anything under 16 grand which is newer or matches my van on a lwb, or even a mwb. The one I was going for was 22 grand, like mine, on a lwb, a full conversion. 22 grand is what is was going for at dealer. He agreed to a drop if I dropped. Then he pulled out.l I offered the gent buying my van, his out of pocket expenses plus extra.... to cancel the deal. As its clearly not in my interest to sell. He don't want to...and I don't think I can MORALLY,. My buyer gave me mon then wed, then the 20th to get my act together. He needs my van more than I do, morally. I have seen his medical records, he might only have a year or less to get to all the festivals he wants to pack in. It looks like it might be less. And right now each day I sit on my van, he is loosing out on the next rally , with you people, or motorhomefacts, or wild camping. He needs the end bed, which is on a mwb and easy to park, the heater, and from the bed he can operate the hob for hot water. I brought this van for myself when I was due major surgery, and would be invalid for 9 months. So I know why he chose my van. I have given him this web address to get to rallys, as I know it to be mostly a hospitable site, along with a few other sites. I have contacted terry to see what he do for me on maybe a partial conversion, to keep me on the roadside , up on the beach. Ive since learnt it may be worth my while to get something called a crew or and mess van cause the heating and relay for leisure batter and lighting already present. I await some peoples opinions as to buying a bare van or a crew thingy to start afresh. I go down sussex to look at more crew vans, morrow, but time is running out. Here is a link my web host sent me to get .. But I am waiting on terry . There is also a guy on face book who says for about 5 grand he can do a basic conversion. I don't think life will go good for me if I pull out of this deal. I think it might be considered immoral if I did. He has threatened me with court...but im not scared of that. I know what my damages are. Im more worried about how I will sit at the pearly gates...and give my explanation. I simply cant pull out of this deal. Even if I just get a run around car, for now.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Longfosse. FRANCE. In a farm Aire. Lovely peaceful. Until the cock crows. Minus 1 now. Sun out hope it warms up soon. Miss the lovely warm temperature of southern Spain.
Oops . Not solo. Sorry wrong thread. Message to me. Must read threads properly before posting.

Last edited:

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
Povoa De Varzim Portugal parked by the marina...this place gets very busy at weekends with Portuguese decending on the place with there barbecues...Lots of nice cooking smells floating around...Great when the sun is out . Here for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
One more night at Cornish Farm, Taunton then heading down to Tredegar Farm, Penzance on Friday for 3 nights if anyone's in the area.

Need to start heading back north for a week Friday, for my builders, but not sure which way to go. I came south down the east side, so will probably run up the west.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
One more night at Cornish Farm, Taunton then heading down to Tredegar Farm, Penzance on Friday for 3 nights if anyone's in the area.

Need to start heading back north for a week Friday, for my builders, but not sure which way to go. I came south down the east side, so will probably run up the west.
**Trevedra Farm**........ Not Tredegar :whistle:

Tis Me

Free Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tipton
Funster No
MH
2011 Movano Van Convert
Exp
Esposende in north Portugal waiting for summer to arrive. 20/07/2017

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Hi Camperlove.
I've just returned home (between Worthing and Hastings!) early from a couple of weeks in France too, but mostly because having motorhomed and motorbiked solo for many years in U.K and around Europe I just don't find it as much fun as I used to. Wandering quaint villages or river strolls and eating out is the same old, same old, on one's own. And the evenings can be a bit of a drag so I decided to sign on the Fun just now to navigate the site and see what's on, and maybe meet up with others on their own, although I don't particularly like crowded and regimented sites or rallies (perhaps because I'm on my own?) and have never been to a m/h show. I mostly use Aires or C/L's but TBH I'd rather be at home with friends and family nearby (and my son's rescued Westie!) than parked in a deserted muddy field in the rain!
Hi Spriddler, I've just started Motorhoming on my own (although I still work full-time), like you I don't always want to be on my own, so I've signed up with this site and am joining them on the meet at Bridgport in July, I'm actually going down a few days early to look around, I'm hoping other members will invite me to join them, who knows, might see you there! :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Now in altea,and settled, lovely views,pea pe and quiet

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
IMG-20171205-WA0000.jpg

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Looks lovely bill,,,,

I’m in findon nr littlehampton,,, then into littlehampton on Friday!

Suns out, but snowy underfoot!!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Sun's lovely here now,

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
At Playa de Mazarron, near Cartagena, tonight, where it's blowing up a bit after a couple of sunny but breezy days - I'm pitched on the front row by the beach!

Heading towards a bit of a weather window at Granada on Tuesday, to visit the Alhambra Wednesday, then plan to drift down to Gib for a look-see.....

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
At Playa de Mazarron, near Cartagena, tonight, where it's blowing up a bit after a couple of sunny but breezy days - I'm pitched on the front row by the beach!

Heading towards a bit of a weather window at Granada on Tuesday, to visit the Alhambra Wednesday, then plan to drift down to Gib for a look-see.....

Nip round the corner a bit and see the big guns near you - very interesting place :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
It's lovely here,a but windy,but might be better in town,but it's starting to look like,sun sun sun,,seen a few funsters about, parked on front at altea,you picked a good time

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
OK busy week and a bit coming up.
22/3/18 for 3 nights C&MC Moreton in Marsh
25/3/18 for 2 nights C&CC Wolverly
27/3/18 for 2 night C&CC Delamere Forest

If any one is about and would like to meet up.

29/3/18 is the big one, Camperfest. Think there might be a few funsters going(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back