Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OK how many of you drive a large rig on your own (mines around 35ft)

I need Tom Tom more but it does give me issues:Doh::RollEyes:

Manoeuvring can also be difficult and I certainly need more mirrors on the off side:RollEyes:

How do you get on?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i dont have gps. use maps . get good mirrors. i travel all overuk n europe n morth africa. have driven artis for a living ,cant say never been caught out but lots of gps users get caught as well cant see the problem big trucks n buses get most places you would ever dream of going . never liked backeye reverse camera,s either. get out n use your eyes much safer.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I use TomTom and I use paper maps but I still get caught out - like on Monday this week when I wanted to go from Newton Abbott (Devon) to Newquay (Cornwall) by way of Exeter on the A30.

Easy, isn't it - go straight up the A38 and switch over th the A30 - piece of cake! ::bigsmile:

I mis-read a sign and ended up on the A382 going to Bovey Tracey, Moreton Hampstead and eventually Whiddon Down. :cry:

On paper this road looks OK - TomTom said it was the way to go - but I ended up driving about 20 miles through a road that was only just wide enough at times and came down to single track roads for ½ mile stretchs. Luck was with me and the only time that I hit traffic I was in a place where I could squeeze into the hedge without too much damage. :Eeek:

I ended up about 100 years older and several shades greyer before I saw the A30!:whatthe::whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi John

We use Snooper and maps and the Big Pitch Guide when we get close. We are only 30ft but are getting a toad middle of next month so that will add length as it is a Peugeot Partner Tepee. I have cameras on the off side and near side, I also have a camera that is looking at the right front quarter to see roundabouts and for better vision looking right on left turns. I also have Backeye reversing camera. The mirrors also have the blind spot circle mirrors on them.

Only had one wrong route from the snooper and that was going to Eddie Vanbitz near Taunton a well narrow lane and 10 miles looking for a place to turn and calm the blood pressure.

Kevin and Tricia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back