Sole male traveller – sharing expenses and exploring options open to me? Any offers? (1 Viewer)

pughed2

Free Member
Nov 22, 2014
bristol
Funster No
MH
trigano tribute
Exp
2 years
msb and movan.......thanks for replies gents......I did not say anything in my reply about setting off with a stranger, nor taking any risks.......thats why I said any companions will have to meet around bristol, or on my route along the south coast to dover.........I got too many friends in bristol to spend too much time soon meeting elsewhere, if anyone fancies the trip I outlined, first will meet and be vetted by me, before sailing will have to settle financial arrangements to my satisfaction, and my companion obviously would need to enjoy scenery walking and swimming in the med. and that type of holiday; my companion will have to add to my enjoyment of what promises to be as fantastic as this years trip.......for more detail see my post on the site www.tribby.co.uk; travel abroad;eu wildcamping savings......thanks gents

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
a proper link would help rather than a general link to a competing forum. By the way our Joy ~(Movan) is very much a lady not a gent. As previously said a little info about yourself maybe even a photo might help. There will be two people who need to be vetted!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
PUG HEAD No. 2,

Have to agree with Roger, putting a link to another forum may not help when we have a brilliant forum here and people on here who love travelling abroad with each other.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
PUG HEAD No. 2,

Have to agree with Roger, putting a link to another forum may not help when we have a brilliant forum here and people on here who love travelling abroad with each other.

Good luck.
Joy, I wondered if pughead2 was in fact replying to the op, which was dated last year? :) Sometimes the forum search can be too good(y)
(Point taken about the forum link though)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Debs, possibly but his post was recent so thought he too was looking for a travel companion now... :) ...

Wonder whether original op found anyone?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welc:

Isn't it strange how we read a name, until Movan (name not changed to protect the innocent) wrote it as it is I was reading it as in "pewed".

Now pughed2 has used up his 5 posts so a tenner would bring him untold info, help and fascinating
reading on Fun.

If nothing else the link tells us where Yosser is these days . . . asking about Thermal Blands on the Tribby forum. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Debs, possibly but his post was recent so thought he too was looking for a travel companion now... :) ...

Wonder whether original op found anyone?
I know, but quite often old posts get resurrected on here because (I think) people have done a search, got a result and replied, not realising the thread is an old one iyswim? Wondered if that' s what had happened here? Did pughead think it was a recent request from the op?

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
Has anyone seen yosser recently I have not heard anything since last January when he was in bennidorm with snowbird and doc

hi everyone, i,m still here, i have been ill for since i got here, and as time went on i just got worse, i just lost the inclination to do anything even posting was a big effort for me, i just couldent get interested even tv was a big effort, since my accident 20yrs ago, i,ve always cared for myself and do everthing myelf, but this time i had to throw the towel in, so hospital it was, anyways back now getting better.:):):):)

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
:rofl: It's one of these ,when posted they were all there!
It's probably some new EU ruling that after a set time you have to give them a rest and replace with lettering
Don't know why they disappeared ask Jim.

Vlad

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Roll on the floor laughing, it is the "code" for an old animated smiley

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
I think this is the guy who turned up on tagazout beach one day when we were with @Malcolm Bolt @SUGGY Broken Link Removed @makems
Some one refresh my ageing memory
Yeah - maybe it was me - I did meet a few funsters there - were you the old boy loosing his memory with a beautiful younger wife? :)

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
How on earth did I manage to miss this post the first time around?! Still can't decide whether it's a wind-up ......... or, even more scarily, a serious post. :Eeek:

Hi Maz - I think you might now have your answer eh !

QUOTE="maz, post: 1152532, member: 15094"]His name is David and he lives on a yacht (currently moored in southern Spain) but we have been travelling together in my motorhome for the past month. We hit it off from the start and I reckon he's a keeper. ::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Best wishes and good luck !!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Freespirit1 Welcome Chris. So pleased that you now have a van and are going to be joining us on the meets. There are quite a few younger women solo travellers now so life should be fun for you all energetic buddies ... but be warned I will be keeping an eye on you to make sure you all behave :). .

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Yeah - maybe it was me - I did meet a few funsters there - were you the old boy loosing his memory with a beautiful younger wife? :)
You have just described most of motorhome fun members
And certainly everyone on tagazoute beach
Sorry daz
@Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
msb and movan.......thanks for replies gents......I did not say anything in my reply about setting off with a stranger, nor taking any risks.......thats why I said any companions will have to meet around bristol, or on my route along the south coast to dover.........I got too many friends in bristol to spend too much time soon meeting elsewhere, if anyone fancies the trip I outlined, first will meet and be vetted by me, before sailing will have to settle financial arrangements to my satisfaction, and my companion obviously would need to enjoy scenery walking and swimming in the med. and that type of holiday; my companion will have to add to my enjoyment of what promises to be as fantastic as this years trip.......for more detail see my post on the site www.tribby.co.uk; travel abroad;eu wildcamping savings......thanks gents
You have just described most of motorhome fun members
And certainly everyone on tagazoute beach
Sorry daz
@Dazzlin

None taken!

Who are you again?

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@Freespirit1 Welcome Chris. So pleased that you now have a van and are going to be joining us on the meets. There are quite a few younger women solo travellers now so life should be fun for you all energetic buddies ... but be warned I will be keeping an eye on you to make sure you all behave :). .
Thanks Joy - just for others benefit its a small caravan - not exactly a Motor home so you guys will just have to accept a caravan around you eh! till I can eventually afford one ! :)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
nowt wrong with a caravan, caravan club is full of em, hee hee

movan