paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
All sorted found a bungalow in Worcester with plenty of land for any visitors in there motorhomes 100k less than l sold my house so that will keep me goin abit, Paul

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Paul

Glad to hear about the bungalow

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

We wish you lots of luck

We enjoy meeting like minded people - any chance you can make it to a meet - either Newark end of March or Peterborough end of April - we are off to the States end of May.

From experience, we know you have done the right thing.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Furniture

Hi, you have done what we are about to do, what did you do with all your furniture etc., did you store or sell-if you sold how did you go about it, auctions, private ads or house clearance?????:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, you have done what we are about to do, what did you do with all your furniture etc., did you store or sell-if you sold how did you go about it, auctions, private ads or house clearance?????:whatthe:

We went though this process four years ago .. storage is too expensive and not worth while..

Second hand furniture has little value unless it is of very high quality, and even then it is hard to sell...

Charity shops are fussy, won't take anything unless it is in good condition, sofas beds etc must be without marks, stains or any damage and must have the Fire labels..

White goods must also be in top condition, they refused our otherwise perfectly good fridge because it had a small crack on the door seal.

The council charge to remove, and it's not cheap .. Colchester council remove up to six bulky items for £30.. white goods, £20 EACH

House clearance companies MAY give you a small amount but again they 'cherry pick' and leave stuff they don't want.

In the end, I borrowed a trailer and took most of our stuff to the local tip .. sad to see soo much good stuff getting crushed.. :Sad:

OP
OP
paulharrison
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi Manda

We l studied the economic climite of this country and the safety of the banks, l worked out you gotta have a place to live, its gone total barmey here the only safe place if any for money is property so l have bought a small bungalow lots of land only band D, and can just leave my stuff in there, didn,t want to store to expencive, some things cost to much to give away seems the best option for me, as l am by my self, if things change l can sell it and move on. Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back