shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
Hi again everyone ! the house is sold already.. ! :) and we are going to go for the apache 700.. but it seems the 700 is hard to come by.. if anyone know of one please let me know.
looking for 07-10 plate with a nice price tag of around 25k .
I see a couple on ebay but buying on ebay always worries me..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The later models have the larger rear locker..
Well worth looking out for... :)
There was a lot of wasted space under the rear of the van prior to the change and I think that happened around 2010...

Oh... !! Just seen the budget £25k.. that will rule out 2010.. Good luck anyway...

Last edited:
OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
Sounds perfect but I'd be lucky to find one under 30k

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
as long as you go and view, do hpi checks etc then buying off ebay is the same as any private sale. I.E. no comeback unless mis-described.

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
come on team someone much know someone with a motorhome for sale ! the money burning a hole in my pocket..,i'm looking for a 6 berth with separate shower and fixed beds bike rack etc.. something like an apache 700 or autoroller 600. 2009-2012,
I've got a budget of up to 30k. :D

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Here's my Apache 700SE, as close to immaculate as you could find, just 28000 miles, top flight solar system, new Agilis tyres all round, superb air suspension, six berth, 28 to the gallon and absolutely gorgeous.(y)
Would take some 'prizing' to get it off me though...... Obviously the Wife can't see me typing or my family jewels would be sitting outside.:whistle:

All seriousness, they are a great van with gallons of room and really comfortable - if you want to look at a good one feel free to pop along.

Regards,

Trikeman.;)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you have not got one could you get to the Newark show and if not definately try and get to the Peterborough show, there will be many many motorhomes of every shape and size for sale there. Could be worth going.

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
the prices are bit much.. or 1 pops up the wrong end of the country :(

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

When we were looking for our Millie we drove over 2000 miles looking at Apache's,,,, we kept the faith and 'strangely' ours came up for sale only 6 miles away from us. Bought and not looked back since - the previous owner has asked to buy back a few times since his circumstances have changed but she has stayed with us.

Stick with it and you will find your dream van.

Trikeman.;)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If the price is right then be prepared to travel. If you want something badly enough then go get it. We travelled from Glasgow to Alfreton for ours. Great MHs

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
As you are looking for a specific model, and you have a specific budget you may have to travel to get what you want.
You can't have everything lol

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
When we were looking for our Millie we drove over 2000 miles looking at Apache's,,,, we kept the faith and 'strangely' ours came up for sale only 6 miles away from us. Bought and not looked back since - the previous owner has asked to buy back a few times since his circumstances have changed but she has stayed with us.

Stick with it and you will find your dream van.

Trikeman.;)

thats weird because it echos our buying position, we looked high and low all ovr the counrty then just as were loosing the will, we found one privitly on ebay about 20 miles away.

to the o/p remember the scouts are the same layout, genrally slghty bigger or more storage year for year than the appaches

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
Hi team, still looking for the right truck.. So confused.. we are looking at these 2 styles . the problems we have are : do we go for a large one with space to move about and not be on top of the kids on rubbish weather days ,or a smaller compact one for getting in and out of towns and parking.
Not forgetting we're away for a year!! 2 kids and a dog.
Please help.! We're running out of time to find one ( wanting to leave in July )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 18
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I don't have a dog or kids to consider and I know nothing about Rimors but I have had an Autotrail, Apache 634u, I personally would go for the larger van. (y)

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
It wasn't so much the rimors it was just a shorter one with bunk beds over 2 seating area/ rear lounge

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
The upside is the bunk beds also coming with a large garage for surfboards.. The downside is can't get away from the kids and the kids will travel and hangout in the same seats .. So confused

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
ours is 7.3mt buts just 2 of us with occasional g kids, for me if Iwas in your situ go large

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Can't help with the Apache but on the matter is size.....

On our return to motorhoming, after a break of a few years, we bought a sub 6 metre van in order to be able to travel into towns and park easily. However, even just with the two of us, plus one biggish dog, (German Shepard cross), we found it too small, especially if the weather was wet . We have now traded up to a 7.2 metre van and find the extra room astonishing, considering the moderate increase.

Unfortunately, you can't have everything in one package.

Good luck.

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Try Just Go, there a Motorhome hire company that sell of their fleet after 2 years so you get a years manufacturers warranty with it as well, we got our first van of them the mileage will be high but the vans are fully serviced and in pristine condition and there customer service is second to none, also you get all the crockery, tv, Gaslow, we even had Xbox with ours, good luck with your search.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
For us a 6m PVC, two people and a Jack Russell go together well but with two kids as well you need something a lot bigger I think.
I can only suggest as already mentioned, traipsing around shows and dealers just to look at MHs and get an idea of what you could live with. Then buy privately if that gets you what you want but remember there is effectively no sale of goods act for private sales.
Alternatively, look at importing from Europe. It is a well trodden path and several on here have done it and can advise. You stand a better chance of getting more for your money and a properly winterized vehicle too.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Broken Link Removed

Saw an ad for the above in our local rag yesterday. They are holding a:-

Mon 4 May 2015
COMMERCIAL AND LEISURE VEHICLES - Special Bank Holiday Auction. Also includes Sports and High Performance Cars, General Cars, 4WD, MPV Cars.
Broken Link Removed
Entries Invited - Closing Date 03 May 15 Confirmed
Broken Link Removed - See more at: Broken Link Removed

It had a big picture of a MH in the paper ad so maybe worth keeping an eye to see when the catalogue is publish. Ashford wouldn't be too far to travel would it?

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
For us a 6m PVC, two people and a Jack Russell go together well but with two kids as well you need something a lot bigger I think.
I can only suggest as already mentioned, traipsing around shows and dealers just to look at MHs and get an idea of what you could live with. Then buy privately if that gets you what you want but remember there is effectively no sale of goods act for private sales.
Alternatively, look at importing from Europe. It is a well trodden path and several on here have done it and can advise. You stand a better chance of getting more for your money and a properly winterized vehicle too.

Very interesting want Internet site would I look for winterised vehicle? Also would I find many rhd ones only thinking for the resale

OP
OP
shano118

shano118

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
west sussex
Funster No
MH
buying one soon
Exp
I'm almost sold on an Apache or scout.. But I need something like them with a bigger garage , I did see one the other day where the rear lounge was up a little step which made a bigger garage but I can't remember what style or make??

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I'm almost sold on an Apache or scout.. But I need something like them with a bigger garage , I did see one the other day where the rear lounge was up a little step which made a bigger garage but I can't remember what style or make??

the newer scouts (and possibly apaches ) had a slighty bigger garage, were the floor under the rear lounge was accessable, alltought not a huge space only about 6-8 inches high but big enought for folding chairs, on older modles like mine this space was not there ,but there is still the larger space under the rear wall seat, this is accessable from both sides

brochures for current year and older modles here

http://www.auto-trail.co.uk/downloads/brochures

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very interesting want Internet site would I look for winterised vehicle? Also would I find many rhd ones only thinking for the resale
For the LHD/RHD argument try here for a starter: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/left-or-right-hand-drive.103785/ The general experience seems to be LHD doesn't reduce sales price although if you bought it cheaper in Europe to begin with any reduction is offset by the lower price you probably paid for it. See post #10 for a link to a German website and you could try contacting that Funster for advice - although they seem to have bought new.

More stuff here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/importing-a-van-from-germany-is-it-that-difficult.97687/

Might be worth starting a new thread with a title like "Buying Second Hand in Europe - Advice Please". The Germans do speak an odd language but you will find English widely spoken among dealers and having lived there for a few years I know their procedures can be very strict and formal (No car washing after noon on Saturdays for example and garden rubbish burning only on Thursday afternoons where I lived) but one thing they are is efficient. I suspect you will have more problem with DVLC than you will buying and getting a MH in Europe. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back