Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
but I've heard you use crocodile clips to connect a panel?
that will depend on where your battery lives... and how accessible it is..
the best option if its difficult to access is to bring the connections out to an easier location on something like Anderson connectors.... then its just a plug in job to deploy it..

Think I'll see if I can get it through the roof light onto the roof,
again that wont be straight fwd with most folding panels... they are reasonably heavy and awkward and could damage the roof trying to set them up... and you have wires dangling into the van to reach the battery compartment....
im not trying to be negative... just pointing out the practicalities or not... as I see them.
Andy

OP
OP
Ginster
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
that will depend on where your battery lives... and how accessible it is..
the best option if its difficult to access is to bring the connections out to an easier location on something like Anderson connectors.... then its just a plug in job to deploy it..

again that wont be straight fwd with most folding panels... they are reasonably heavy and awkward and could damage the roof trying to set them up... and you have wires dangling into the van to reach the battery compartment....
im not trying to be negative... just pointing out the practicalities or not... as I see them.
Andy

Thanks for the advice Andy, guess you're right, they will be too heavy to lift up, have to think about a chain of some kind, I'll find a solution if I keep thinking!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for the advice Andy, guess you're right, they will be too heavy to lift up, have to think about a chain of some kind, I'll find a solution if I keep thinking!
These are very much lighter but a bit more expensive and will need a solar controller.

If you email abby@lensunsolar.com she will be able to tell you whether they do complete kits and what else you might need. I have found them very helpful and am pleased with the panels, they have a good quality etfe surface (not the sometimes crticised pet) and monocrytalline cells. I plan to put them on the roof using some suckers to secure them, there are eyelets in the corners to hook them to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back