Solar regulator, is this one OK (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Heading says it all really. As some will know, I am going to buy a new regulator for my solar panel, I know less than nothing about electric, so I thought I would ask you guys if this one is good for my single solar panel.

hash=item3ce508fcba:g:5psAAOSwnDxUforl

Thank you for any advice. :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have been using one similar to this type . newer ones come with a fancy plug thing . but i have used a few different ones over the years mines about 12 year old and works fine .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got a Victron 75/15. This is the only make recommended by a well known trader on this forum. It is very compact (for easy fitting) and the manufacturer (Dutch) will answer email questions promptly. You should get one for around £80 or less and it will easily cope with 200W but they do bigger models if needed. They are clever bits of kit, fully automatic and run a daily programme as the sun rises and sets to keep the batteries in top condition.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Heading says it all really. As some will know, I am going to buy a new regulator for my solar panel, I know less than nothing about electric, so I thought I would ask you guys if this one is good for my single solar panel.

hash=item3ce508fcba:g:5psAAOSwnDxUforl

Thank you for any advice. :)
That's gonna come from China too, look at sellers address.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
I bought a very similar controller from ebay claiming to be mppt. Then i saw an ebay video reviewing them and exposing as fake. It is not MPPT. I opened it up and checked.

I bought and installed the Victron 75/15 and it is excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back