Solar phone charger advice please (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have searched the posts and checked the Freeloader pro and Powerbee, the new reports on amazon are from powerbee themselves so biased and the stuff on freeloader was old. We have a single battery no proper solar panels but just wondered about one of these to top up my iphone and possibly ipad when at a rally. Would not want to be uncontactable by my babies(23,21 and 17 sad mum I know). We might get one of the portable bigger ones at some point to top up the leisure battery as on our Autosleeper symbol roof ther are 3 roof lights and a funny mushroom aerial thing so not much room for a fixed one.
Reports seem to vary from good to chocolate teapot so thanks for your advice.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A phone has such a tiny battery you can charge it again and again from the leisure battery and you'll never notice the drain.

An iPad, you'd hardly notice the odd charge of that.

Try it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
See my reply to an earlier thread Broken Link Removed.

I actually remembered to get the Freeloader out on our current trip and used it to charge Jill's phone (Samsung Galaxy Y) this morning but if I didn't have it I would just use the main battery. I don't think the Freeloader would be up to charging an iPhone or iPad as it doesn't give my Nokia E7 a full charge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back