MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi
Can anybody give me some info on what size panel i
would need for a 85 amp battery,and would i be able
to fit this myself, and a rough guide to how much it
would cost including panel,wiring and regulator.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

you need to provide more information , too many variables, to get some ideas of what you need try this calculator :

Link Removed

With reasonable DIY skills you should be able to install yourself ..

HTH

Jim

OP
OP
bald eagle

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi jim
thanks for the info it has been a great help to me,
i expect i will be calling on you again:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi jim
thanks for the info it has been a great help to me,
i expect i will be calling on you again:thumb:

No problem , solar can be a useful addition but some peoples expectations exceed what is possible .. or they can afford..

Of little use in the UK winter, but useful in France and Spain during the summer to extend your stay on a pitch without EHU or running a genny.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Not relating to the solar panel, but if you are using a lap top with a dongle (as do I ) i have 2 x 110 amp batteries and a 30 watt inverter for when we are "wilding " up in Scotland, it also powers a TV so perhaps an 85 amp battery might not have enough grunt ! I am no expert but there are plenty of them out there ! Your problem will soon be solved. :thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi

you need to provide more information , too many variables, to get some ideas of what you need try this calculator :

Link Removed

With reasonable DIY skills you should be able to install yourself ..

HTH

Jim

Hi Jim, I have just tried the calculator for my setup and it recomends a 65w panel for the 6 months a year in Portugal.

I on the other hand I use 200 watts of panels and if we get no sun for 4 days we are running out of battery power. I think the calculator is a little off!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim, I have just tried the calculator for my setup and it recomends a 65w panel for the 6 months a year in Portugal.

I on the other hand I use 200 watts of panels and if we get no sun for 4 days we are running out of battery power. I think the calculator is a little off!

Hi

I only suggested it as a starting point for 'bald eagle' .. with little or no info it is impossible to calculate either panel or indeed battery sizes..
I suspect the calculator is only a very rough buying guide, ... Google 'solar panel calculator' there are many more .. some very complex.

I once sent off my requirements to a solar panel supplier, they replied that they couldn't help as my expectations/requirements were unrealistic :Sad:

such is life !

Jim

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Fitted my own solar panel last year. The largest one at the time was a Kyocera 130w from Midsummer Energy at Cambridge. costing £479 +£10 postage which was the best price I could find. Approx overall cost of the project was £600.

Email:- walttaylor@talktalk.net

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back