Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
How hard is it to fit one?

Buy solar panels.
Mount on roof, hole in roof, weatherproof.
Wire to control unit.
end of.

Have I missed anything?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
How hard is it to fit one?

Buy solar panels.
Mount on roof, hole in roof, weatherproof.
Wire to control unit.
end of.

Have I missed anything?

I think you have missed the bit from control unit to battery but what do i know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, the 3 years of psyching yourself up to actually drill a hole in the van roof :roflmto:

Not when it comes you doing your van. Do ya think I am daft enough to drill a hole in my own van when I can practice on a German one.
Vorsprung Durch Technik (translated - I have no spare wheel)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you have a Burstner you just wire it to the Electroblock. No need for a separate panel, read the charge on the meters on the existing panel. Existing wiring means a trickle charge goes to the starter battery when the habitation battery is charged.

Of course, some people aren't fortunate enough to have a Burstner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If you have a Burstner you just wire it to the Electroblock. No need for a separate panel, read the charge on the meters on the existing panel. Existing wiring means a trickle charge goes to the starter battery when the habitation battery is charged.

Of course, some people aren't fortunate enough to have a Burstner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only those who have seen the light and avoided the custom made "dump le poo Spectacles"... That should take some explaining,,,

Sundance can you hear odd brain cell colliding (Does not apply to RV Owners or Methodist Missionaries). What the Hell is or are "dump le poo Spectacles"...

Ah well back to following your recipe for Beetroot Cider...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Only those who have seen the light and avoided the custom made "dump le poo Spectacles"... That should take some explaining,,,

Sundance can you hear odd brain cell colliding (Does not apply to RV Owners or Methodist Missionaries). What the Hell is or are "dump le poo Spectacles"...

Ah well back to following your recipe for Beetroot Cider...

No difficulty in explaining at all.

Are you sitting comfortably dear readers?

Once upon a time an innocent Burstner owner hit a Skype button. Unfortunately the venerable druid of Anglesey had had a Mr Hyde moment and been replaced by the Dreaded Horror of Hinckley. The mind of the Dreaded Horror of Hinckley is a dark and lonely place. I managed to escape only by the skin of my teeth and the fact that he daren't come to Tees-side because of its proximity to Hartlepool. :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I can understand a lot more of what Frankie says than Shiftzz is on about:ROFLMAO:

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!

Very interesting

We have a 2005 Burstner Argos 748.

I just purchased 2 x 200 watt panels, got all the bits too - except the regulator. Do I need one?

Cheers

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back