Solar Panels (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Cant wait for next year!
  • Start date
C

Cant wait for next year!

Deleted User
How much does enstalling a solar panel system on your campervan cost roughly ?? THanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'm afraid the question is far to broad to be answered, we need to know your needs and expectations in order to answer your question fully, panels start from £10.99 on ebay that might charge your torch to many hundreds of pounds to keep topside of an RV battery bank for instance, added to that is the installation costs depending on complexity and control units chosen,
How long is a piece of string really
Geo

OP
OP
C

Cant wait for next year!

Deleted User
reply to reply

Cheers, it'd be for the roof of a campervan to power all the required things for running a camper? ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Very often its better and MUCH cheaper to add an extra battery or two, and then see how you get on. If you find that you are away from electric hookups so much that your battery bank fails just when you need it, then it is a good time to think about adding even more batteries or maybe a small generator or a solar panel.

Extra batteries and a small Generator are much cheaper that panels, and will work when the sun isn't shining.:Smile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I am currently (pun intended) running on Solar power (even on a camp site) and have been doing so for the last 7 1/2 years. I would say that 75% of our power during that time has been from Solar. It is cheaper to buy panels from Spain/Portugal and fit them yourself. Although our current (pun intended again) 2x125 Watt panels were fitted in the USA for less than I could have done them myself. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Cool: I am currently (pun intended) running on Solar power (even on a camp site) and have been doing so for the last 7 1/2 years. I would say that 75% of our power during that time has been from Solar. It is cheaper to buy panels from Spain/Portugal and fit them yourself. Although our current (pun intended again) 2x125 Watt panels were fitted in the USA for less than I could have done them myself. :winky:

Betcha couldn't run anything on solar power for 7.5 minutes in Wales today::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back