Solar panels small or large panels (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Techno Andy thanks for the info as usual :) , for me when i do get my panels i too will not be wanting to put extra holes in my roof , so glad to hear yours were just stuck down with no screws.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Do Gas-it make any size cylinders then as I can only fit 6 kg in my van-a same height but wider one with more capacity (11 kg plus?) would be handy!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
We use 2 * 6kg gasit cylinders plus 1 100w solar panel. 4 weeks in UK little sun and still okay. Prefer the two cylinders (a) tend to be able to monitor usage better, (b) As has previously been said easier to get in lockers and also transfer if selling.

Looking at second panel now as getting electric bikes and considering feasibly of trickle charging their batteries.

As you can see, I'm not technically minded, so interested to see what others do

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It might be worth checking what your controller can handle. Mine has a max of 300w, I have 260w in 3 panels, which would be easier to move if you change van.i also have 360ah gel batteries. Sounds a lot, but in the heart of British winter, I can still happily run my heating and TV :)
I also have 2 x 14kg alugas cylinders, same circumference as 11kg but taller. The 15kg were too round to fit in locker lol

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We use 2 * 6kg gasit cylinders plus 1 100w solar panel. 4 weeks in UK little sun and still okay. Prefer the two cylinders (a) tend to be able to monitor usage better, (b) As has previously been said easier to get in lockers and also transfer if selling.
Yip agree with you about two bottles vs the one , but my locker is not wide enough to fit two smaller bottles in it.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
It might be worth checking what your controller can handle. Mine has a max of 300w, I have 260w in 3 panels, which would be easier to move if you change van.i also have 360ah gel batteries. Sounds a lot, but in the heart of British winter, I can still happily run my heating and TV :)
I also have 2 x 14kg alugas cylinders, same circumference as 11kg but taller. The 15kg were too round to fit in locker lol

lol i never knew they did anything bigger than 11kg as before when i visited their site i seen the following then left

"11 kg Alugas refillable cylinder is a refillable LPG cylinder ideal for motorhome use with an external filling point, made from lightweight alloy they offer realistic weight savings to steel counterparts.

Available in one size only (11kg working) there are two options available please scroll down for further details."

But i have just went there now and went right into their store to browse the bottles when i see the 14kg one , typical <> :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back