solar panels newbies (1 Viewer)

jph1

Free Member
Oct 17, 2009
Funster No
does anybody have any advice about solar panels used for trickle charging a 12 volt battery ,not to expensave . we will be taking possesion of a brand new eldis atoquest in march and are thinking about a panel

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't think about a panel until you have used the new motorhome a few times and got an idea of your electricity usage and how often you are not on a mains hook-up.

Panels are VERY expensive, and they are next to useless in winter, others will tell you they work all year round and they do, but not effectively, especially in this country. You may find that an additional cheap wet cell battery will provide all the power you need. Try it first, you might just save yourself many hundreds of beer and fuel tokens. :thumb:

Oh, and welcome to the fun::bigsmile:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Welcome to the fun site,,:thumb:

As Jim said and=

If like me you are thinking of one of these small ones with crocodile clips, about 2ft X 1ft, dont bother,, I bought one for my boat and it was next to useless and a waste of money.. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Welcome to motorhoming, Jim is right, dont do anything yet, the are many rooms in the house of motorhoming, see which one you like before you buy.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back