Solar Panels and battery banks (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, as most people know, I'm a great lover of Generators.:thumb:

You get it out start it up and it does what its meant to do 24 / 7 365 days of the year.:Smile:

But we have a 85w panel that works sometimes, and on a few mad moments at shows thought about getting another.:Doh: But most of the time when were away we only get about say 2.1 amp because the :sin: low or the :sin: hides behind the clouds :RollEyes: .

So I think if we were to get another it would be a stand alone one and keep moving it :winky: until someone steals it.:cry:

But having just been to Germany and they love Solar there everywhere and got talking to a German in a Euramobil 810 tag alxe I thought he had gone a bit over the top,::bigsmile: lucky for him he ran out of roof because it seems to get addictive.:roflmto:

He had 7 solar panels = 720w and a battery bank of 4 x 220amp batteries

With that lot on the roof his Satellite dish his roof was full.:Smile:

I dread to think how much it all weighed :Smile: But is it better than having a Genny ?

Or has anyone got MORE than that. :Smile: Bob.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we have 4 x 110amp/hr batteries and 2 x 80W panels, no charge from the engine and we manage 7hrs a day TV so far. As we tend not to use the van much in the winter its no problem either fully charged before we go have enough power for 4-5 days and actually have room for another pair of batteries. but that would mean another panel, hee hee.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All we have are a matched pair of 110a batteries and a total of 170w of solar panel.. Never even come close to running out of battery power yet ( and this year we had 5 days without moving the van or ehu at one stage.. ) Of course if you are travelling around the leisure batteries get a topping up any way so if we went touring all proper like ( :winky: ) I doubt we would ever need anything more than we have

On the other side of things it is important to know what we use on elektrickery

Automatic sat system
19" tv
Various lights ( all bar one replaced with LED units )

And that is about it
We do not use the blown air heating system as it is absolutely abysmal and eats gas and battery power at a vast rate of knots, relying on a gas only based system

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
with that much solar on the roof he probably generates leccy at night as well......

and nearly 900amps of battery i bet he runs a big inverter too. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back