Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
New to the community, just bought an 04 Pilote Pacific P6. We find it is a really nice 'home and remarkably (in my experience) everything is working ::bigsmile:

We are now kitting it out and are considering installing a roof fixed solar panel so we can use more of the small (non hook-up) sites across the UK (and beyond later). Anyone any recommendations on installers? (as I am rubbish at DIY and fear connecting it with the existing power arrangement which seems rather complicated).

Thanks in advance :Smile:

WorkandTravel

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
New to the community, just bought an 04 Pilote Pacific P6. We find it is a really nice 'home and remarkably (in my experience) everything is working ::bigsmile:

We are now kitting it out and are considering installing a roof fixed solar panel so we can use more of the small (non hook-up) sites across the UK (and beyond later). Anyone any recommendations on installers? (as I am rubbish at DIY and fear connecting it with the existing power arrangement which seems rather complicated).

Thanks in advance :Smile:

WorkandTravel

Mark from C.L.S. fitted ours at the Pickering show last year. Good job and pleased with them. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi Good tip from the last poster. Get it fitted at a show and you can try it out whilst there.

A panel of 75w or bigger will probally be needed ad battery capacity of about 120-150 amp hrs. If you are only using a small leisure batt your not getting the most out of the panel as as soon as this small batteru gets full the panel will switch off.

Phill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

WorkandTravel

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Great, thanks for the replies, so I might need a new battery too :(

Where can I find CLS on the web? Googled it to no avail :Sad:

thanks again... 20 days to go and then off for years to come !

Upvote 0

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Great, thanks for the replies, so I might need a new battery too :(

Where can I find CLS on the web? Googled it to no avail :Sad:

thanks again... 20 days to go and then off for years to come !

Look in the member list he is there. The reason you could not find it on google s you have to put a period C.L.S. like so. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

WorkandTravel

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Many thanks all, I've got in touch with Mark and two others and have three 'quotes' now from 'reliable businesses' ::bigsmile:

All looks good and we'll be adding a panel in a few weeks, and as suggested add a second leisure battery too.

Thanks again all! :thumb:

WorkandTravel

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back