Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
advice required going to fit solar panel to my rapido 997m it is already prewired from the leisure batteries to a block in the wardrobe do i just connect the solar panel to this block or do i fit a regulator between the solar panel and this block thanks

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I dont know the answer but would be interested if anyone does.There is also a similar connection by the fusebox (under the bed in my 999M)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
unlikely it will have a solar controller pre-installed, more than likely its just a connection point from the solar controller.

if it hasnt it could damage your vans control panel (assuming its electronic/digital)as the normal voltage from the panel is around 17v (until it gets to the charge controller) and if the battery is switched off at the control panel it will put 17v into the panel.

my battery indicator is the moving needle type and if the batteries are turned off at the panel switch the needle swings hard over beyond full charge position.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, just get a control interface on the wires from the panel, and take the output of the box to the connector already fitted..

Something I would say, the more you pay for a control/regulator the better it will charge.. The cheapo units tend to lose quite a bit of oomph in them !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back