Solar Panel Supplier for DIY fitting (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi,
My existing two panels are about 10 years old and their output is significantly reduced so I need to replace them. I have room to get three 100 watt panels on the roof with one longwise where the right hand one is below and the other two sideways where the left hand one is, I don't need to get out of the Hecki now as I carry a ladder. Unfortunately ther is not room for two 150's as they are too long or two together too wide. I was concerned about getting the old Sikoflexed brackets off but noticed a post by @tonka that said a cheese wire does it ok. So now I need a good supplier. I had a bad experience with Bau-Tech2012 on Ebay when the panels arrived obviously damaged but he said there was nothing wrong with them and refused to refund initially. I saw on another post Broken Link Removed who sell Baird panels at £79.99 each for 100 watt, also Broken Link Removed but theirs are much more expensive at £145. The specs are similar but the latter are 150mm shorter so obviously different sort of panels but both say Mono Crystaline. I have the MPPT controller that Andy uses about a year old. If you have personal experience of these or other suppliers please let me know. I really need to get them fitted before Morocco .
Steve
PanelsOnRoof.jpg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ref the wire... I had some old multicore steel cable and I took a thread off that..
It did work a treat and was off in seconds.
The back of a wood chisel took off the excess..

For panels myself and a few friends have been using..
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Saw these panels at Peterborough, bought a 140W panel and it gives better output than the 150W semi flexible panel I already had.
100W for £75.00 delivered.
Must be end of year sale as the 140W is £29.00 cheaper than I paid and the 100W was £98.00

Broken Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If the panel brackets are aluminium or stainless steel (as opposed to plastic) then heating the metal with a gas torch frees them with little effort. Then remove excess Sikaflex with a sharp wood chisel as suggested.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
For panels myself and a few friends have been using..
Broken Link Removed

Yes, excellent and great communication. I have just finished fitting four of these to our RV roof.
Broken Link Removed
I have always been very sceptical about solar in this country, but even Wednesday this week, whilst it was overcast and raining, I was getting 1.8A, which will easily keep the batteries charged up, even with a 0.5A permanent drain. So, after Chrissy, when we head south, I look forward to keeping up with Mangements demands. :sneaky: :whistle: :blusher:

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks very much Guys, a great selection so just need to work through them all and work out which, I am leaning towards the German company Enjoy Solar as the Euro rate is so good at the moment.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just ordered 3 x 100 watt mono panels along with 6mm cable for connecting to mppt reg from www.solarxxl.com in Germany only £64 each with £12 postage to France. Great communication even though PayPal screwed up and sent wrong address. Just hope they arrive safely and intact. They even asked if they could send Black ones for the same price because they were out of the silver.
Steve

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just received three very nice panels from Solarxxl in Germany which also advertises as EnjoySolar €88.63 each plus €16.95 for carriage getting the full 22.3 volt open circuit as it says on the back. Just got to get the Sikoflex and make brackets etc. very well packaged and very good communication in English.
Thoroughly recommend them.
Steve

20151030_154902_small.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back