LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Parked under some trees and shading some of the panels, as you can see we have four panels and they are all the same size 80 watts, the closest one is on it own controller and the other three matched panels are on a seperate one, usually the single one will do 1/3 of the other three but with the trees shading nearly two full panels the closest one on its own controller in in clear sky is making 4 watts against 5 watts for the other three.

Conclusion is that Yes the trees are affecting the panels In the shade (of course they are) but not really dragging down the other one that is on the same controller.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Parked on in-laws drive but living in the house and doing hospital visits so don't actually need much power, in fact I had to put the inverter on and the 1kw water heater to get it all to kick into action to take the readings this morning.

Martin

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Park it nose in and they would probably all be in the sun!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Park it nose in and they would probably all be in the sun!

Ha Ha if you saw the hedge at the side you would understand that we would not get out of the door or get the garage door open to get at my tools, and I always need tools when we visit.

And I don't need any more power anyway.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I predict a time will come when you will have practically forgotten you even have solar panels.

I feel sure you will have ample electricity flowing into your van.

I used to watch all the dials and figures and smiley faces on my Steca controller... now I just turn the lights on and off when needed, charge up all my stuff when needed and worry about more important things like the ip and coming footy season! ;)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back