Solar Panel on Flash 510 (1 Viewer)

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I read that the solar panel only charges the leisure battery when the control panel is switched on. Can anyone confirm this is the case as it seems a little strange? I was assuming that it would be charging the leisure battery when sitting in (open) storage but apparently not the case. I'm new to MHs so don't know if this is the case for all or just for Chaussons. If it is the case, has anyone rewired to allow charging when the control panel is off? (I'm assuming it's not good to leave the control panel on when in storage). Thanks in advance.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I read that the solar panel only charges the leisure battery when the control panel is switched on.
That I believe is correct if the panel is wired through the power supply unit ..but there is no need to do that..in fact it limits the wattage of the solar array you fit..
You can connect the controller output direct to the batteries.. and as you say switch the control panel off when stored..
Andy

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
I have my Vehicle and two Leisure batteries connected to a solar panel and they charge the batteries when the main control panel is switched off
Regards Whiskeymac

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
That sounds right for a Chausson fitted with a CBE panel and CBE Boite Relais Securite.

As already mentioned you can bypass the control panel and wire direct to the leisure battery, if you want It to charge without the panel on.

This is however not recommended......according to the manual 🙄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back