Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newie but caravaned 30 years
Bought a 100 watt solar panel kit locally and would welcome any advice on fitting and installing to the MH. Am a bit concerned about fitting cables through the roof and the position of the control box, should this be close to the battery or where it could be seen easily. Any tips welcome.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Controller should be as close to the battery as is practical as you still want to be able to see it and get to it.

Make sure you can get the cables to and from the position on the roof where you are planning on going through.

Then have a search on here for solar panel fitting as there is lots of advice.

Martin

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Have a look at the great detailed advice from Techno100 in the Solar section and you won't go wrong at all
He has been a superb help for me as I installed our panels last week
Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have a read through the solar section.. Most stuff has already been covered there at one time or another..
Take some time to plan where your cables will go before you start anything..

That moment of drilling through your van for the first time is a killer !!!!! :)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Have a read through the solar section.. Most stuff has already been covered there at one time or another..
Take some time to plan where your cables will go before you start anything..

That moment of drilling through your van for the first time is a killer !!!!! :)

And you discover alarmingly how thin the roof membrane actually is when you depend on it for so much!

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm thinking of doing this too, but I'm a little worried :eek: Does anyone have any photo's of how they get the cables from the roof to the control box & batteries. Access to our batteries is either from outside or from inside under the double dinette seats. I don't want any wires or trunking showing in the MH at all, is this possible?

Thanks Antony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You are in a better position to establish that given that it's your van. You need to study it. No one just turns up knowing what goes where time has to be spent surveying the possibilities.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back