Solar info. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hi all, is this listing for the Schault a good controller to have given the following information?
<Broken link removed>
Whilst we will probably bite the bullet ultimately, at the moment I'm favouring using that controller because it will talk directly to our EBL 119, so less scope for incompatibility.
But, I will initially be using it with a 150w folding panel only to be dug out as and when required.
We are still learning, and survived three weeks together in Scotland,but we were mostly on EHU, [ except when "Calmac" decided that a 00.30, sailing to the Hebrides from Ulapool was a better choice than the 14.30 sailing from Uig we had booked !!,consequently we had a long drive to the new departure point, and once landed just had to pitch up in lay-by and have a snooze waiting for it to get light. We had water on board, and gas, so no problems.
When we do commit to permanent panels, the same controller can used for that application as well.
As stated, not ready to have fixed panels yet as we are still in our first van.
Mike.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Mike, that will do the job nicely and it's plug 'n' play style fit on your EBL is a win-win.

There are better controllers out there these days but at least you're going for an MPPT unit which will safeguard your batteries, especially if you have wets.

Perhaps you could try and advertise to see if anyone on here has a secondhand unit as people are always changing their gear.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0

Gerryatric71

Free Member
Aug 15, 2017
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504 SL 2007
Exp
Since Adam and Eve built one !
Have a look at the Votronic solar controllers they too can be supplied with a Schaudt wiring loom. They are in short supply at the moment depending on the size. If you are only planning on having 150w panels the Mpp 165w would suit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I went for Votronic with my ebl101. One advantage is that it is Lithium compatible should you decide to change to lithium in the future.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hi, thanks Lenny, the problem I have is," I just don't know, what I don't know", I haven't dismissed your advice, I'm just having to ponder the stated good practice advice from the elegantly more simple and cost effective advice, and when your a " bear with very little brains" it ain't easy!!
Nor is typing this out left handed because iv'e just had three operations on my right hand and elbow, [ Carpul tunnel, and ulnar tunnel] but wishing it was channel tunnel!!
Regards.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gerryatric71

Free Member
Aug 15, 2017
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504 SL 2007
Exp
Since Adam and Eve built one !
I have just managed to fit a Votronic MPP 250 connected to my DT201 control panel and the panel is recording the solar charge. I thought I may have to set it up in the secret engineers menu but it was already there. Yippee.
The only problem I found was deciding on the correct battery setting for my Yuasa L-36 EFB battery.
After a discussion with Roadpro we decided on Lead Acid/AGM1.
I dont know what panel BBF has but the Votronic has full instructions (best not to use them as a last resort though).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back