solar cable and waterproof junction box (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, do you mean something like this?...one block for positive and one for negative.
Are your panels in parallel? Do you (or anyone else) fit diodes?
I got some info back from Photonic Universe who suggested I fit (blocking) diodes to the positive side of the two extra 100w panels I'm considering fitting (in parallel).
A Google seemed to suggest blocking diodes were for series installs and bypass diodes were for parallel...hence confusion.
Many thanks.
Yes that's what I used and yes parallel, the panels already had diodes in the junction box as I understood it so I fitted nothing extra, a very kind and deceased member on here did suggest I needed to and sent me three but I never used them as the system was working well and carried on doing so until we sold the van 8 years later.

I will say though that I fitted three matched panels to one controller and the original odd one on it own controller.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Martin, do you mean something like this?...one block for positive and one for negative.
Are your panels in parallel? Do you (or anyone else) fit diodes?
I got some info back from Photonic Universe who suggested I fit (blocking) diodes to the positive side of the two extra 100w panels I'm considering fitting (in parallel).
A Google seemed to suggest blocking diodes were for series installs and bypass diodes were for parallel...hence confusion.
Many thanks.
You don’t need any blocking diodes at all. Your regulator has that built in, and the panels have the bypass diodes in the back box. The blocking(one way) diodes was necessary with ancient controllers that had none built in. At night your panel becomes a consumption and reverse current needs to be stoped. The controllers have this built in.

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks bothđź‘Ť

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun